19 ~ I've Had Enough

Eric POV

I pulled up to my parents front gate. Vic had been quiet the whole way here. I knew she was nervous and scared but I had a feeling my parents were going to be livid. My phone rang and I looked down to see my uncle calling.

"Good news, I was able to transfer the first installment. Two-hundred thousand will be transferred and the next installment will not come until next year at this time so use it wisely.

"Perfect. Thanks Uncle."

I hung up and looked over at Vic. She was resting her head against the seat with her eyes closed. I rubbed my hand along her leg.

"We are going to be fine. Don't worry about a thing. Whatever they say stand your ground."

"I really don't like drama. I want to be respectful."

"I will take the beating. You don't have to say a word." She nodded as I pulled up to the driveway.

I got out and opened Victoria's door. She stood and we walked to the front door but before I could open it, Mabel, one of our housekeepers had it opened.

"Mr. Robinson good to see you."

"You too Mabel. Is my parents home?"

"Your father is in his study and your mother is at her bridge club. She should be back within the hour."

"Thank you. This is Victoria."

"Pleasure to meet you," Mabel said looking from Victoria back to me.

"Pleasure is mine Mabel."

"I'll tell your father you're here. I will bring out some tea and coffee and set it up in the living room." She walked away and I led Victoria into the living room.

Moments later my father came in with some papers. He looked up to see Victoria and he shook his head.

"Son," he said looking at me but never once looked her way. He was going to completely ignore her.

"Mr. Robinson it's nice to see you again," Vic said getting up about to shake his hand but he quickly turned his nose up at her. I could see disappointment written across her face.

"I think the last time we saw each other you were attacking a defenseless young lady."

I saw Victoria eyes widen.

"Dad, Ang had it coming. What you didn't see was Angelique harassing her. Victoria was defending herself."

"Of course you would take up for a gutter rat. You always did like to play with the other kids. It never much mattered what your mother, siblings and I tell you, you don't listen."

"How dare you talk about her like that? Show some respect dad. You can say whatever about me but leave her out of this."

"Young man you need to lower your voice in my house. I'm the father and you're the child."

"I'm twenty-two years old, I haven't been a child for a long time."

"When did you become this disrespectful? Hanging around this girl is not a good idea. She's nothing but trouble. I think you forget I financially support you."

"How dare you!"

"We have had this discussion before. You need to take my advice. You have other priorities and she's not one."

"Actually she is. She's my number one."

"Excuse me," my dad said looking between the two of us. I looked down to see Victoria sitting there quietly resting her hands in her lap and your eyes watering. She was trying to remain as quiet as possible while my father stood there being cruel.