23 ~ Changes

Three days later

Victoria's POV

Waking up to grey walls and a old tv playing reruns of The Jefferson's, the room was quiet. No sound came from the television and the blinds were opened just a little. The sun was shining brightly outside but I still had no idea where I was.

My head turned towards my right only to see several machines hanging and tubes coming from it. I traced them down to see them connected to my hands. Wait I was only seeing things through one eye. Strange because now I needed to know what happened to me. Think Victoria. Why are you in a hospital with your eye bandaged up?

I raised my hand touching something soft like a bandage with tape across it. Looking out my obvious good eye, there were bruises on my arms. I don't remember how I got those.

The door opened and I saw Sara. Thank goodness she was here. Maybe she could tell me what happened. I went to acknowledge her but somehow my voice felt constricted. Okay now I was getting worried. I tried calling out her name but she wouldn't answer. My voice did vibrate in my head and it started to hurt.

I squeezed my eye. Deep breathes. Maybe I was unconscious. I remember reading this article a long time ago that if you breath deeply, clearing the thoughts in your head and focus, you can will yourself to do things. Following my own advice I willed myself to speak but nothing came out. I tried again and again and still nothing. I was getting anxious and aggravated, not a good sign.

I watched as Sara put her bagel or was it a donut on the ledge of the window. She was grabbing some kind of juice out her purse. She took her seat and she looked at me only to turn her direction back to the television.

Okay was I in the Twilight Zone? I know she saw me. That heifer. I watched her take a bite of her bagel, and I heard my stomach growling. Why was I so hungry? Even if you're in the hospital don't they feed you?

"Sara! Sara! Why aren't you answering me!" I began to yell her name but it caused a huge pain in my head again. Still Sara never turned around.

A tall man with a doctor's coat on walked in. I saw Sara with that goofy smile she has when she thinks a boy is cute, but he wasn't a boy. He was a very handsome man. I saw Sara talking to him but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

Strange...He walked over to me looking straight at me. He had gentle eyes. His name badge had Dr. Daniel Robinson, General Surgery/Trauma. On the other side it had Chief of General Surgery, University Hospital. He looked a little familiar, I had seen those eyes somewhere before.

His lips started to move but nothing came out. He shined a bright light in my eye and said something I couldn't hear. I watched as his hand moved to my other eye but I didn't see the light. He was unwrapping something from around my neck. Why the heck was there a bandage around my neck? Did I have surgery?

His lips moved and his kind face looked down at me. He narrowed his eyes and shined the light again. He turned and now Sara was by his side. He showed her something under the bandage around my neck. His finger went from side to side and Sara's head agreed. What were they talking about? I wanted answers!

Dr. Robinson fixed my bandage and pressed a button on the wall. He called out for something and moments later a nurse was walking in. She adjusted my bed and she along with Dr. Robinson rolled me out the room and we got on the elevator. This place must have had the AC on forty degrees because I was freezing.

The elevator stopped and the nurse wheeled me through some double doors. CT Scans, must wear protective gear beyond this point. Radiation Exposure.