53 ~ Breathe Again

Victoria

"Make one move bitch and you and your little girl will die," the deep baritone voice said as I heard the  clicking of a gun.

"Please," I swallowed hard. I needed to remain calm because my baby was literally feet away.

"What do you want? I have money, a car, jewelry just take it. Please don't hurt me or my baby."

"Shut the hell up."

I could only see the man's shadow. My heart was pounding out of my chest. Deep breaths.

"Get up!" he yelled at me pulling me by my hair. I fell out the bed as he drug me across the floor.

"Please don't hurt me."

"You're a whiny little bitch aren't you," I heard a female voice say. At that moment my lamp on the nightstand was turned on. The soft glow made the two shadowy figures look bigger than life.

"I say we pop her and get up out of here," the man with the deep voice said.

"Nawl mane, she got my brother locked up."

"I don't know your brother."

"Yes you do!"

"No I don't."

"Terrance is my brother."

"It's not my fault he's in jail."

"Yes it is, he told me and now I'm about to make you pay for it."

"I think you have the wrong person."

The woman sat on my bed and looked around.

"So you mean to tell me you're not Victoria Robinson?"

"Actually my name is Victoria Scott. My husband is expected to be home very soon. I don't want any trouble. If you leave I won't press charges."

The woman stood up and grabbed my purse. She dumped the contents on my bed. Lipstick, gum you name named it came out followed by my wallet. She opened it, took the money I had in it and pulled out my driver's license. She looked at me and then the license.

"Victoria Scott, 14563 Appleton Lane, hmm." She looked at me and I stared at her.

"Do we have the wrong person?" the male asked getting nervous.

"Stay with her," the woman told the man. He nodded and the woman left. I began to feel pain right below my stomach. I closed my eyes and started breathing.

"What's wrong with chu ma?"

I started to rub my stomach and focus on my breathing. I totally ignored him.

"Look lady gotdamnit chu betta answer me!"

I continued to breathe and rub my stomach. I needed my quiet place. I felt a huge tingling spreading down my neck. I tried not to scream as my hair roots were burning.

"Look bitch I'm talking to chu! You betta anzer me!"

I remained quiet although I just knew I would be missing a patch of hair. He swung my head back and it hit the wall. I flinched for a moment.

"Stupidass botch!" I heard the trigger being pulled back so I slowly opened my eyes. Instead of this thug I saw my worse nightmare, Eric's father.

He put the gun to my temple and I watched his lips move but there was no sound. My heart was doing summersaults. My breath kept coming in and out and all I could do was stare. I watched as he raised back and that's when a bolt of something I couldn't explain took over me. His face became masqueraded with something I could only explain as fear.