3 ~ A New Day

Victoria POV

"Wakey, wakey," I heard Sara's voiced booming in the room.

"I know why you are so happy but can you let me sleep."

"Ah no! You have a visitor."

"Who?"

"Prince Charming."

I looked at her funny. She was laughing and I had no idea why. I pulled the covers back over my head.

"Get up!" Sara said ticking me. She knew I hated that.

"Fine, Get off of me!"

"At least brush your teeth," she said waving her hand across her nose.

"What time is it?"

"It's eleven am and Mama Deb said she is cooking for the sick and shut in later on this afternoon and she needs us both there by two pm to help."

"Okay. Are you going?"

"Like yes. When you miss Mama Deb's cooking it's like breaking a golden rule. How do you think I got these fine ass hips? Don't answer that but of course I wouldn't miss that but... wait for it...I'm bringing Brad."

"You are taking Brad to the Hood?"

"It's not the Hood and stop calling it that. A hood is something you put on your head or a device or a big, long, juicy sausage, like Brad. Sorry got distracted there, but not a neighborhood. And you got an A in English Tori."

I threw the pillow at her and she slipped on the floor. She screamed as if someone was killing her and I rolled my eyes.

"You heifer made me fall," Sara said pretending to cry.

"Shut up. I'm sure Brad did more than that last night."

"Girl he put it on me so good he had me speaking in tongues. Reverend Washington would be proud."

"You're going to Hell Sara."

"With gasoline drawers on, want to join me Miss. Bonnie."

"Miss. Bonnie?"

"I heard you and Clyde made a run for it yesterday at the party. The Justice Department was coming into arrest him, but you two made a clean getaway."

"Damn!"

"So Bonnie, where did you go?"

"Across the river."

"Oooh I want to hear more."

"Didn't you say I have a visitor?"

"Yes but this conversation isn't over with yet," she said getting up.

I quickly changed my clothes and tied my hair up. Sometimes having all the hair was a pain in my ass. Maybe I should cut it but Mama Deb would kill me and I would at least like to live and graduate. I piled it on top of my head. I grabbed my toothbrush and started brushing. I figure I could use the bathroom downstairs to finish.

I managed to slip on some pajama pants and a shirt since I normally slept in pajama shorts and a tank. My visitor was probably Angela or Dot since I was working on recruitment for the sorority.

I finished up in the downstairs bathroom and headed to the commons area. Angela and Dot lived in the dorm across the street so they normally came over here since we had a private study room. I walked up to the front desk and Sylvia, our RA smiled.

"What are you smiling for?"

"Turn around," she said giggling.

I turned around and could have peed on myself. Standing literally inches away was Eric. Oh Gawd shoot me now and take me out of this humiliation! Now I realized why Sara never leaves the room without full protection of make-up, hair and perfect clothing. Okay Sara lesson learned.