45 ~ From Old Memories...To Making New Ones

Victoria's POV

Later on that day...

"So what did the two of you do while Mia and I were dancing to Let it Go?"

"Trying to figure out our next move. I have this feeling Grace is up to something major."

"Probably but Alexander is here and he won't let anything happen to you all. I'm so glad Daniel hadn't mentioned her coming to the wedding, I made sure her old, stupid-ignorant self wasn't on the invite list. I can't believe she is doing the most. You should have whooped that trick. That slap would have been the beginning of the Robinson Kick-Ass Tour, better yet you should have put her in Formation and made her pale ass some lemonade."

I laughed.

"Maybe if she had a good stiff one, I mean one that made her toes curl and gasping for breath she would lay off you. This is not 1960, so this bigotry is so unwarranted. I've tried not to discuss her around Daniel, I try to respect the boundaries but he knows she's crazy, probably why he haven't even introduced us."

"Well you're lucky."

"No she's lucky."

"On another topic, Billy at Heroman's called and said the calla lilies will be in for the wedding. So that's one thing you can check off the list," I said taking a sip of my tea. She remained quiet.

"You triflingass heifa', is that what I think it is?" She grabbed my hand with my new engagement ring. I was smiling from ear to ear.

"You two were doing more than plotting against Grace. This looks to be around six or seven carats."

"Seven if you want to get technical. Emerald cut, D color, flawless on a 95 percent pure platinum band."

"That's my girl. I knew that big diamond would make you say yes." She quickly covered her mouth.

"Wait...What?"

"Before Mama Deb died, he asked for your hand. He thought it would be the right thing to do. He's always been in love with you, he's a wimp when it comes to you. Anyhoo, the two of us took him to a jeweler and we described what kind of ring that would make you say yessssss." She patted herself on the back.

"Of course it came out so much better than I expected. It wasn't ready until last Friday and I didn't get to see it up close and personal. He's just been waiting on the perfect time to ask."

"Well it was perfect timing."

"That's why your hair is in a messy ponytail? He laid the pipe real good I see." She covered her laugh while I narrowed my eyes at her.

"So did you tell him about the pregnancy?"

"Yes."

"And what did he say?" She looked like a child with a sugar high. Eyes big, foot tapping and shaking from side to side.

"I told him it was his, he said, "he loved me and wanted us to have a happy ever after," and then gave me this ring."

"Awww, I'm so happy for you chica." She held my hands. "See there isn't always dark clouds. It only takes one ray of hope to bring the sunshine back."