32 ~ Family

Victoria POV

I walked in and everyone looked like they were in shock over something. A knot was forming in my chest, did the doctor deliver bad news? God I hoped not, Mama Deb meant the world to me.

"Mama Deb what did the doctor say?"

"Same ole same ole. Stop stressing, relax and take it easy."

"Well the doctor is right." I leaned in and kissed her on the cheek.

"So what did I interrupt?" I asked looking at Dean and Sara. Mia was knocked out cold in Dean's arms. I walked over and kissed her on the forehead.

"Oh nothing. Just work related stuff. I will take Mia so you can stay here with Mama Deb," he said.

"Thanks Dean."

"No problem." He got up kissing Sara on the cheek, along with Mama Deb and hugging me.

There was a knock on the door. Walking in was Daniel.

"You all having a party without me?" He went over and kissed Sara. Walking up to Mama Deb, he asked how she was doing. They spoke briefly and he hugged me.

"Ah what happened to Miss. Mia? She must have tuckered herself out playing."

"Probably," Dean said. "Are you off brother?"

"Just finished my shift."

"Good you can help me babysit Mia while Sara and Victoria stay here."

"Okay I can do that."

"Good. Let's go so Mama Deb can get some rest. Vic just call me later and I can drop Mia off or she can just stay with me."

"She may need her night clothes..."

"Done. She still has some things at the house right Sara?" Daniel asked.

"I'm more than sure she does."

"Good, then it's settled. If it gets too late we can stop at the house and get her things. Hun I will call you later. Love you," Daniel said walking over to Sara. He leaned down and whispered something across her lips causing her to giggle. They were so cute together.

Hearing them whisper, love you, made me miss something I could hardly remember. Did Eric and I exchange those words? That same pain in my chest was slowly coming back.

"Okay lovebirds time to break it up. We know y'all love each other, blah, blah, blah," Dean said rolling his eyes.

"Jealous much?" Sara asked rubbing Daniel's hand.

"Please I got a rolodex."

"Boys and girls, can an old woman get some sleep please," Mama Deb said yawning.

"Sorry Mama Deb," we all said together.

I kissed Mia on the cheek. She was completely unaware as she was nestled in Dean's embrace. I had promised myself I was taking the next few days off so we could spend some time together.

"Call me later," Dean said. I nodded and watched them leave out the door. I walked back and sat next to Sara on the sofa.

"Tired?" Sara asked.

"Yes indeed. It's been a whirlwind since I got off the plane. Emails, responding to text messages it seems everything is moving so fast."

"I'm really proud of you Vic. Even with all the obstacles you seem to keep going when others would have given up."

I smiled and squeezed her hand. " I have this feeling everything is going to work out."

"That's good."