39 ~ Hurting

Victoria POV

I just stood there frozen in disbelief. My heart ached and my shoulders felt like there was a ton of bricks on top of them.

Breathe! My mind screamed.

"What happened? I heard you screaming and I didn't know what to think."

I stood there shaking. He grabbed another towel wrapping it around me and pulled me in his embrace trying to dry me off.

"I came upstairs checking in on Mia and then I heard you screaming. You must have fallen asleep in the tub and had a nightmare."

I remained quiet just standing there trying to figure out if it was a dream. Was I reliving his ex's nightmare? Doctor's say you can project yourself into someone else's life but Sara was in my dream.

"You're tired. Maybe you need to get some sleep." He held out his hand for me to take. Finally blinking, I realized I was standing in his bathroom.

"Do I need to call you a doctor? Did you hurt yourself? Talk to me Victoria." He was checking my body for bruises or cuts I guess.

My eyes finally reached up to his. I just stared at him. I watched the movement of his eyes, his jawline moving back and forth and his lips opening and closing. He was moving his lips but somehow I couldn't hear what he was saying.

He couldn't be Eric. The Eric that was in my dream had tears in his eyes. I could see the pain in them. These eyes were different. They looked to have devilment in them.

"I..." I managed to say but quickly stop.

He came closer and stroked both sides of my checks with his thumbs. I felt my eyes closing and me giving in.

"What has you so discombobulated? Maybe I can help?"

"It was nothing. Just a bad dream."

"Want to talk about it?"

"No. Just make love to me, please."

He leaned his head down and I was the one to take control. My hands locked behind his neck and his body merged against mine. Our lips and tongues did the sacred dance while my heart began to flutter wildly.

Why did it feel so real when we were together? Especially like this? Was he Eric and if he is then what am I going to do? It can't be him, he wouldn't have left me all alone. The memories of him and I together were special, he just couldn't walk away from that or could he?

He lifted me up and walked us towards the bedroom where he gently laid me on the bed. He looked down into my eyes searching deep to find... I didn't know. His lips began to press down against the warm skin on my neck. He whispered something but I couldn't comprehend.

I looked up at the ceiling while a hazy fog saturated my vision. Eric and I together. His touch...ooh yes. It felt just like this man that was with me at this very moment. His hand stroked my wet hair. Our breathing seemed to be in complete sync while he turned his attention back to my eyes.

"You have beautiful eyes," he said tracing the side of my face with the back of his hand. "They look so sad. Talk to me."

My hands went up to his face where I traced it with my own thumbs memorizing the lines, the apex of his jawline and those lips that had shown me what ecstasy was really about.