46 ~ Can't Help Falling In Love With You

Victoria's POV

"Ms. Robinson the doctor will be with you in a moment."

"Thank you." I signed my name in the leather bound book and took a seat. It had been a few weeks since I had stepped foot in this two story red brick building. The light pale blue walls were meant to relax you along with the fish in the huge tank in the corner. I was the only one in the waiting room as I had left a message earlier this morning to get an appointment.

I sat in the chair with my hands folded but it didn't last long as I felt my palms starting to sweat. The chair wasn't so comfortable anymore and technically I shouldn't have come. I picked up my purse to leave when the nurse came back out.

"Dr. Morgan will see you now."

The nurse had a huge smile on her face as she opened the door wider. I followed her down the hall and was taken to Dr. Morgan's office. The space was large with huge windows overlooking the river. There was an antique looking, mahogany executive desk in the corner with a matching bookcase behind it. On the desk, an array of spring flowers stood tall.  Two long black leather sofas sat face to face in the middle of the room with a cocktail table in between.

I heard the door open and close. "Hello Victoria," Dr. Morgan said shaking my hand and then waved for me to have a seat.

Dr. Dana Morgan was my psychiatrist. She was tall with light brown skin and dark brown hair. The one thing that made me come back time and time again was that she didn't mind telling you the god's honesty truth about yourself. Her methods could be harsh, but she really made you take a look at yourself in the most vulnerable way possible.

I began to see her right after I left the hospital. She was friends with Dean and having her on my side made all the difference. With not only her intellect, she had her own shared experiences that helped me through the most traumatic time of my life. Being raped as a child and victimized as an adult, her perspective of how she was able to move on and become one of the best in her field was simply amazing. So far she had truly helped me to find my voice and strength since that night. She had also encouraged me to go out and pursue my dream of opening up the school.

"So you had another dream last night?" she asked jotting something down on her pad.

"Yes."

"Was there anything different in this dream than the previous ones?"

I swallowed hard leaning back in my own chair. "It wasn't Eric's father speaking in the dream, but his mother Grace."

"You haven't mentioned her before in this context in our earlier sessions. Tell me about it."

"She was there, watching as...he raped me. Grace was in the corner looking down at us with this delusional, evil smile like she enjoyed watching him do the things he did to me. She was spewing out hurtful remarks and encouraging her husband to do a better job in disgracing me." I wiped my tears.

"Take your time. Why do you think she was there?"

I told her about the visit and everything that had transpired between Grace and I. Then I told her about Terrance and the fight between him and Alexander.

"I think you have replaced your father in law with your mother in law because of the threat of her harming your family and your school. She is your living menace. Anyone that threatens you needs to be reported to the authorities. You need to tell Dean. Your safety and your child's is the most important thing at this time."