4 RDJ

1st P.O.V      

                                                                         Beth

It's been two weeks, and I have 3 out of 9 of my charges contacted, which is good, but the faster I can get them out the better it is for everyone. It's Saturday, so I have the day off at my cafe, so I drive over to a brewery to grab some scotch.

 I walk in and there are security everywhere, except I recognize them. I walk over to the chief of security, who looks every Happy to see me. 

I smile lightly at him, and lean forward to whisper my code. "Osipherus", please tell me he got out... The chief whispers back, "Robert Downey Jr".

My heart stops, Of course he's here....oh shit...he only drinks when he's hurting... I nod my thanks to the man, and head off to quickly to find him.

Thankfully he is not as drunk as a skunk, but he is on his way. I'm going to try and be civil about this. "Robert, you've had too much to drink already, I'll take you home okay?".

Robert looks at me with his head tilted and raises his glass. "I am Iron Man", then he passes out..naturally. 

Okay, I may have pinched a nerve in his neck, but can't have Iron Man blabbing about things he doesn't understand. I whistled two guards over and they hoist him up and take him outside.

"I got it from here, thanks guys, say hi to the boss for me". I dead man lift him and walk to my car. Sure I could have carried him from the start, but that would have caused too much attention. 

I sit him down in the passenger seat and take off to my apartment. I park the car and lift him out of the car and carry him inside.  After sitting him down on the couch, I walk into the kitchen to get apple juice.

It would always trick him into sobering up. As i'm pouring the the apple juice into an empty scotch bottle, I can hear him humming.

Robert's deep voiced slurred as he whispered, "Because, when the sun shines we shine together, told you *sniff* I'll be here forever...now it's raining more than ever..*deep sigh*..you can stand under my umbrella...". SEE ABOVE TO LISTEN TO THE VERSION HE WAS HUMMING, and put it to .75 for proper lullaby.

I gripped the bottle tightly, steadying my breathing....He just needs to sober up, he won't be able to remember anything, i'll make sure of it..... Calming down a little, she walked out with the apple juice and a glass cup to keep the illusion.

He was staring at the wall opposite him, and I shake him a little. " Hey, Rob, here's some whiskey". "Thanks, I was worried I'd start forgetting again..", he slurred while looking at the glass. 

I hand him the bottle full of apple juice and the cup. "Don't worry, you won't forget", I say, watching clouds wisp in his eyes as he chugs the apple juice. 

"But I forgot about y-you, and J-J...Jarfish? No, Jarfesh? No...what was I talking about again?". I choke back tears as I see him slip into Robert Downey Jr. 

"You were talking about the awards you have won for being Iron Man". "Oh yeah, I-I-I think I won 2?........That's a nice ceiling you've got there........and those eyes! There soooo pretty", he giggled slightly. 

I sigh, catching the bottle and glass before they slipped from his unconscious hands. And I swear, there was no neck pinching on my part

I put the dirty glass in the sink and pour some apple juice for myself. Alcohol affects it...this could accelerate things, which would be good, but they all need to trust me before I can bring them back. 

I pull a blanket over Robert's sleeping form, and station myself at the kitchen table. Since this was one of my close charges, no z's tonight. I wonder if he'll remember what he was singing in the morning.... and I'll call him tomorrow, let him know what's happening.

Robert started to stir around 3 a.m, Once again, I am not surprised, he didn't drink enough to escape the nightmares. I turned the lights on slowly, cause if I know him, he'll be awake before 3:30. And sure enough, he started thrashing at 3:26, then shot straight up.

I sat next to him as he began thrashing, adjusting as he shot like a bullet. I ran my hand over his back, using my nails to create a soothing sensation. I comforted him as his mind was laced with sleep and fear, and he soon realized he wasn't alone. 

He flinched against my hand, but then relaxed as I started to hum slightly (SONG ABOVE). He laid his head down in my lap, falling back asleep. Works every time, I thought with a sad smile.

                                                          1st   P.O.V shift, RDJ

I woke to someone playing with my hair, I bring my hand up to rub my eyes and sit up, figuring I had a one night stand or something. It comes with the job of being Tony Stark after al-... ah, i'll figure that one out later.. 

I look to my left and see a stunning young woman with brown hair and striking green eyes. I've seen those eyes somewhere...think stark, thi---wait......

I look around then back to her, then ask quietly. "Where am I? Specifically, where am I?", she looks at me with concern.

"Robert? Are you okay? I know you had a lot to drink last night, do you need some ibuprofen or Advil?". Right, I play Iron Man in movies...why did I get confused? Must have been the whiskey talking.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine, I just didn't-" "Didn't remember who you were, right?", she cuts me off. "Yeah...I thought I was Tony Stark at a one night stand.....I know, go ahead and laugh. it's hilarious". 

I look at her expectantly, but she doesn't.  After a few too many moments of silence, I say, " Well, this has been fun, so snap or insta whoever you want to let people know I'm here or I'll sign whatever you want". I clap my hands in excitement.

She looks me straight in the eyes and pulls something from her pocket. Probably her phone to get signed and take a picture. To my surprise she pulls out a card.

"I want you to promise me, that if your out drinking and you need a ride, I'll come pick you up. If you want to drink at my place, you can come over and drink to your hearts content. Just promise me you won't drink alone To-, Robert, I know how hard it can be to always strut your stuff".

I caught her almost say Tony, as in Tony Stark, Why would she call me that?  I look at the card in her outstretched hand and take it. 

"Drinking buddies?", he asked with a slight smirk. "Drinking Buddies", she answered quietly, and I noticed her eyes starting to water, so I took as my que to leave.

I walk towards the door, not seeing her golden tears stream down her face as I shut the door. Beth Jordan Arc...interesting name..

 I am on a roll! Two long chapters in one day? YAY! I hope this isn't getting too boring, cuz next chapter it's about to go down.... in a good way, but still...

I'm excited, because almost 10 people have read my story, I'm calling that good, but let's keep them rolling.

I love you all 3000, and have a great day!