26) I'm Sorry

3rd POV Loki

Loki stared at the floor as he attempted to speak.

 "Man of Iron, I am so-",

 "No Loki, you have nothing to apologize for, and it's Tony, or Anthony if you want to be formal".

 He looked up to face him and his reaction, "But I saw your memories...". 

Man of-Anthony nodded slightly, "I figured it would be a two way thing since both of us didn't shield our minds.

 You because you were injured, me cuz I don't know how". 

Loki was shocked that he wasn't freaking out. 

"So you're fine with a monster poking around in your memories?",he looked down, watching his skin change into his Jotun form.

 He heard Anthony walk forwards, then crouched low to meet his gaze, and grasped his hands.

 "As long as you're okay with a murderer poking through yours...". 

"You're not a murderer", he instantly replied, whipping his head up to look into Anthony's face.

 "Then your not a monster. My Father forced me to make weapons, Odin used you as one after Laufey left you..I see no difference".

 Loki could feel the gold drip down his face as Anthony embraced him. 

He clutched onto Anthony like a lifeline, knowing that he would always have Loki's back, no matter what.

 "I know it's very sudden, and I am a very screwed up mortal who had a screwed up parent..but would you let me be there for you? 

To keep you safe and... make sure others don't hurt you like that? I know Beth will do that in more ways than one, but I want to help you Loki, I don't want you to face this alone.."

 Loki was stunned, this was the man who he had thrown out the window, and he was offering to be...a parent to him? 

Loki was shaking hard into Anthony's shoulder, and nodded his head.

 Anthony held him tighter as he felt a tension release from Loki's shoulders. 

Neither of them moved when they heard the door open and close, and they felt Beth hold them both in her arms.

 Loki never felt more at peace than when Beth whispered into his ear, "Mine". 

He snuggle more into her arms, letting Anthony wrap his arms around the two.

 "Yours", he whispered back, falling into the deepest sleep he's had in the last year.

 They both fell asleep, exhausted after the long day, and Tony left them to talk to Bruce.

 He stopped in the doorway and looked back.

 "JARVIS?", he whispered, "Take a picture please".

 'Already done Sir", the A.I whispered back.

 Tony smiled and closed the door.

Just some fluff, it's the least I can do considering what's about to happen...