6 Tom Holland Cont.

1st P.O.V

                                                                 Tom

During the car ride there, I kept asking Benedict what he knew about Beth, is she seemed as genuine as she sounded. "She's a fiery spirit as you saw, but she also seemed.... I don't know, haunted. She had a look in her eyes every now and again that makes you want to weep with and for her.

But she can read people really well, she knew exactly what was wrong when I went to her cafe about two weeks ago. It was our first day of shooting, and I asked you and Tom to accompany me for some tea, you two got side-tracked".

Tom listens intently, "So your saying she's a therapist?". "Yeah, I even named her 'Therapist' in my phone, but she really is a kind woman. I wonder who else she has talked to however?".

Drawing his attention to the conversation, "I don't know, maybe we can ask her?", I said shrugging, spending the last few minutes in silence.

They pulled up to her apartment and ran inside, not wanting anyone to see them. The door opened as soon as the car stopped and closed behind them.

He turned to the soft angelic voice that was behind him near the door. "All my neighbors should be out working, and you ran in fast enough that they wouldn't have seen you. You guys are safe".

She flickered her gaze from me to Benedict, "I'm sure you'll want to go explore while I talk business with Ben, to make sure there's nothing suspicion".

I open my mouth to defend myself..Although it's true. "Oh, don't bother, you can go investigate, I need to sign forms anyway and make tea, so go on, go on an adventure". She said kindly, gently pushing me out of the kitchen.

My heart suddenly started aching.....What on earth?......why does my heart feel...i don't even know..

I nodded my thanks to her and stood in the living room. It was a simple design, you walk in the front door, kitchen immediately to the right, living room straight ahead. Once in the living room, there was a closet in the far back corner, a back door on the far wall, and on the left wall was a single door.

Bedroom first, I guess? , he walked out of the living room into the bedroom, looking for obvious marvel merch, or anything to give away as a fan, but there was nothing. 

No personal items, no mementos, no signs of personality. He walked into the bathroom, nothing, living room, nothing, closet, two plastic totes of clothes.

I wonder if I missed something in the bedroom, cuz it doesn't look like she even lives here.. I walk into the bedroom, and there is just a bed and a side table lamp. 

I sink to the floor by the foot of the bed and honestly wonder if she is an alien. But my hand grazes something under the bed. A chest? What's it doing under there?

I pull out a 9x11x12 dark oak chest. I open it, and sitting on a blue velvet pillow, was an arc reactor. And not just any arc reactor, but Tony Stark's original arc reactor.

Wonder how she got this prop?, he picks it up carefully. Damn, they must have mad bad props back in the day, cuz this is heavy. Suddenly I get an idea, I take out my phone and face time Robert Downey Jr. 

"Hey Tom! What's up?", "I need your help, did you use a prop when you replaced you arc reactor in the Iron Man movie?". I ask, not taking my eyes off the reactor in my hand.

He thought for a second, "No, I mean not really, it was a thick piece of plastic that they put CGI effects (I have no idea how they actually did, so just roll with it or tell me and i'll fix it), why?". 

"Well, do you know if anyone made a convincing metal prototype of the reactor?", the cold of the metal seeping into my hands as my voice sounds more frantic.

"No? Kid? What's wrong?". I hold the arc reactor to the camera, tossing it slightly to show it's weight. His face pales slightly. 

Benedict calls my name from the kitchen, "I'll talk to you more later, I have to go". I say carefully placing the reactor where I found it. "You'll have to find out who made it so Marvel can get the rights to it". 

"But Mr. Stark, someone obviously made that so-", "Kid... you just called me Mr. Stark..". 

"I did? Oh yeah, I did.. must not be getting enough sleep, sorry Downey, got to go".

I'm back beaches! Alright, the story is starting to pick up, and it's going to get better...long term....it might kill your heart strings now though...

If you've gotten this far, please say something, I don't know if i'm doing this wrong or not....I need input.

I'll see you all later, "I bid you good luck and farewell morons".