22) I'm Fine

3rd P.O.V Beth

Beth woke up to bright lights. 

Oh great, Tony overreacted, and now I'm surrounded by doctors....perfect... 

She looks around at the surrounding doctors, who are speechless. 

"You-you shouldn't be alive....", one stuttered. 

She simply smiled and stood up, stretching and popping her back. 

"Osipherus", then she turned to leave.

 The doctors groaned, explaining the legend to the younger nurses and interns who the acclaimed 'Osipherus' was.

 One nurse ran out to inform Tony, and Beth tried to follow her, but a Doctor stopped her.

 "Was it a charge, Ms. Stark?".

 "It's Arc, but yes, he was. Now if you'll let me pass, I can get to him".

 He nodded, "Follow me". 

She walked with the doctor, stopping just before the doors.

 "Be careful Ms. Arc", 

"Thank you Doctor...Strange". 

Her time stone started to vibrate, and she could see Strange in a red cloak with the time stone around his neck in an ancient artifact. 

She smiled softly, "We'll see each other again".

 "Oh? I hope not here, because you're causing Mr. Stark a heart attack", he said, amused, gesturing out the door.

 "Goodbye Doctor Strange", He nodded and turned to leave.

 She ran through the doors to find Tony pacing a rut into the floor. 

She laughs softly, "Oh my piccolo meccanico, you shouldn't have been so worried".

 He turned at her voice, his face lit up in relief. 

He crashed into her, giving her a bear hug, which was adorable since he was a head shorter than her.

 "I couldn't lose you too baby girl...I couldn't lose you". 

He started to cry gold tears, and she held him, as he tried to control his wave of emotions. 

They walked out, Tony gripping her waist, not wanting to let go of her.

 "Tony! Beth!! You guys okay!??", Rhodney yelled as he jumped out of a black jeep.

 "Were all good, Bambino here overreacted a little bit". 

Rhodney chuckled, "A little?! He flipping called me James on the phone, no nicknames or anything, that's why I rushed over as fast as I could".

 Beth looked at Tony, raising an eyebrow, "Don't give me that look, I thought you were dying, so I had every reason to act like that". 

I walk towards the car, but Tony's still attached to the hip.

 "Tony, I need you to let go, I'm going to drive us back. Do you want to go to the Malibu Mansion so you can recover from the stress or are you okay to go back to the tower?".

 He snaps his attention, looking up to me, "How the fuck are you not freaking out?!? You could've died! You should've died! The-the car-".

 "Tony..." he stopped yelling for a second.

 "Breathe, I'm here, I'm okay, and most importantly, you're alive...had my wings not shielded you, you would not be here.

 The blast would have atomized you, do you understand that? I am nearly indestructible, you are not.

 You need to let me take the hits". 

She spoke softly, cupping his face tenderly in order to calm him down. 

He leaned into her touch, "I can't promise that, I don't want to see you hurt like that...not when I can change it".

 She shook her head, "The only way you could have changed it was dying. There was nothing for you to do, it was going to happen eventually. Especially with your legacy". 

"Howard's legacy", he mumbles lowly, looking down.

 She smiled sadly, "I know my piccolo meccanico, you'll be a hero someday,", hinting at the drawings of him as a superhero when he was a kid. 

" maybe Obadiah can take over for SI?", as much as the man gave Beth the creeps, he was still a part of SI.

 Tony looked at me in shock, "And have Howard haunt me from the grave?! Absolutely not! I'll prove to him I wasn't the failure he thought I was..."He spoke tensely.

 She sighed, holding his head to look at her, "You know I can take that away....". She trails off, giving him the option, but knows him enough to already have the answer.

 "No Angelica, you don't deserve that grief. He gave it to me, so I'll bear it alone".

 She drops her hands, grasping his shoulders, "So, Malibu or Stark Tower?". 

"Definitely Malibu, I need to create something, or else I'm going to keep freaking out". 

She chuckled slightly, "What do you have in mind? Another Dum*E?". 

Clutching his chest, looking falsely offended.

 "How dare you insult Dum*E! Only I can do that! No, it's going to be better than a single robot, all I know is that it's going to talk". 

Rhodney, leaning against the jeep, watching their conversation with amusement, "Do you guys want a ride to the tower so you can get a car?". 

Beth looks at him with a twinkle in her eye, "That would be great, thanks Rhodney. Now, let's get going so you can make 'something that talks'". 

Their banter continued all the way to the tower, and as they left the state.

 Tony eventually fell asleep, leaning against the window and his back to the seat. 

Beth grabbed his hand while driving, making sure he knew she was there even in his sleep. 

He's going to be okay, I'll make sure of it

Okay, only two today, I was having problems concentrating at school today. See ya'll tomorrow!

Bye spiderlings