29) WAIT....what?

Three Years Later

                                                         3rd POV Beth

½ the population he said, Avengers were a threat he said, he killed off every single person connected to the Avengers or Shield......

Goddamn it I miss the pirate

She had missed everyone, more specifically her team, her family, her husband, son and father.

 And the worst part was the dreams that would plague her anytime she dared close her eyes.

 Not only would she relive their dusting, but she would sometimes see them, saying that they were alive or something. 

It's good I can see Loki, Nat, Bucky, Bruce and Pietro...

must be because I had zero chance to save them. What's the excuse for the rest of them....

She cuts off her thoughts, knowing that she'll only spiral into darkness the further down she goes. 

She wanders around the mansion, trying and failing to think about anything but the Blip. 

The tower got destroyed during the fight, but it was still livable, not that she could step one foot in that place without bawling her heart out. 

So she went to the Malibu mansion. 

She would still cry whenever she passed the lab, or Peter's room, and she hasn't even considered touching her door.

 But she could handle it, the tower she could not, because it would be like there were ghosts walking around.

 She walked down the stairs to the living room and took a left....

but walked backwards. 

She looked into the living room, and saw a figure on the couch....

not just anyone,it was Stephen.... 

She walked slowly and gracefully, swinging a wide arc around him so she could study him. 

He looked exactly like the day he died, except he had no wounds or blood. 

 She stood in front of him, "I know for a fact I'm not going crazy, although I would like to, and alcohol does not work on me...."

she leaned forward and pointed a finger at the man,

 "so what are you?". 

She spoke with a deadly calm that she did not feel in the slightest. 

"I'm an illusion-", Stephan said and she cut him off. 

"GREAT....I hate Illusions!", she said, walking off 

"from your soul stone".

 She froze and turned to him with wide eyes.

 "My soul stone? Because my sliver and the stone....." 

her breathing stops, 

"are connected" Stephan finishes for me. 

She waves her gold in the air, a plan already forming. 

"Are you all okay? Is everyone alive?",

 she asked, not taking her eyes off the gold as she put out red to mix with it. 

"That's what we've been trying to tell you, everyone's fine. You just don't listen well".

 He said with an affectionate eye roll, 

"Well, I learned from the best, you can thank Pope", a small smile forming on her face, soaking the knowledge that she didn't lose everyone. 

"I'm going to get you all back",

 "How are you going to do that? Tell us the plan". 

She groans, "There's a problem though, I can't bring old you back.

 I'll have to bring your bodies into a mirror world, which will be created with the reality sliver, but I need to merge soul and reality in order for your memories to come back.

 The longer you stay in the reality world, the more memories will be restored. 

But stay too long, the reality stone will grab you and trap you....I won't be able to save you". 

"It won't come to that, you'll know when the right time it is to get us out". 

Stephan reassures her.

 A Loki Illusion appears on the couch next to Stephan.

 "Sorry I'm late, it takes more energy than I thought to do this", 

"I tried to warn you".

 Loki looks at Beth, "How long is too long Love?"

 "As soon as Infinity War is ready, if it plays, it will trigger too many memories". 

Loki trembles slightly, "What are you talking about...". 

She sighs, "In this reality, the memories that they recover are....movies per say, the Avengers are not real, they are fake.

 You all will be civilians, not superheroes".

 Stephan groans, "Tony's not gonna like that...". 

She smiles softly, "It's the only way to get you back. The closer we get to Infinity War, the barrier I will place on your minds will break faster".

 Stephan looks at her with a puzzled look,

 "If I don't put barriers on, the memories will flood back unfiltered, you need to remember, but not in the immediate.

 Your soul will know what happened, but your conscious won't.

I'm going to need someone to remember everything, but will help me get everyone out and stay in this reality...

I'll get Fury to stay here. He'll take whoever remembers and get them out. It'll cause too much stress on me if more than two remember at a time.." 

Tears start to trickle down her face, "Love? What's wrong?",

 "Nothing, snowflake, it's just been three years since I've seen you", she said with a small smile.

 Loki smiles , but then terror replaces it. 

"What about Odin? Will he know what you're doing and try and stop you?". 

She chuckles dryly, 

"Hard to stop something when I'm in it", she says adding more red to the floating gold. 

The two of them were trying to protest,

 "I am getting my family back and there is nothing you can do to stop that...now if you'll excuse me.."

 she said, opening a portal with the gold and red that had been floating in the room. 

"I have a family to save". 

She jumped through, landing in her new home. 

A one bedroom, one bathroom flat in New York.

 She's the proud owner of the Free Angel cafe, and it was a Monday morning around 6 a.m. 

Ok, I'll be able to recognize them, get them to trust me and take them back home, easy.

 And now for my day job. She walked out of her apartment and towards her cafe.

  Walking down the streets of New York can be terrifying. Not only are there crazy drivers, but also questionable people.

The bold above is the beginning if the book, if you were wondering.....