28) COME BACK

1st POV Loki

I wake up to the door closing. 

I sigh, She's walking again...

I get up and walk out the door to see her turn the corner.

 I run quietly down the hallway, not wanting to wake up Peter, Tony or Strange.

 I stop, deciding to check up on my other family while I'm right there.

 I open Peter's door, and he's sleeping under his Star Wars comforter, it does look like he's winter dreaming though. 

Elaborate frost etched the ceiling and walls, it was quite beautiful.

 Smiling to myself, I close the door and move to Anthony's room. 

I stop in front of the door, and I only hear one set of breathing, Must be Strange, Anthony is most likely in the lab then...I'll check on him later. 

I continue down the hallway, looking for my wife, she's not in the kitchen, and I took one glance at the living room.

  She's not there, maybe she ran to Anthony... 

I turn to go to the labs, when a sniffle stops me.

 I turn back and walk closer to the couch, and there's Beth, laying down in a fetal position, crying softly.

 "Love? Are you alright? You should get some sleep.....". 

She looks into his eyes, green meeting green.

 "I can't", she chokes out, 

"I'm scared, he's going to come back, and-and he's going to hurt you.......Peter..........Tony.........he's going to kill everyone".

 She starts to cry brokenly, trying to calm herself down, "He'll be coming...for the Time and Mind stone....and when he-he does, it'll be a bl-bloodbath".

 I sit down, and take her into my arms. 

She clutched my neck as I supported her body, and I dug my face into her hair. 

I hold her on to her, calming her with my presence, but she is still upset and very worried. 

My fingers glow green with a sleep spell and I touch her temple. 

"No fair..."she mumbles as she succumbs to the darkness.

 A light smile tugs at my mouth, but my forehead is creased in thought.

  He only had three left to find...

he didn't know where the reality, soul and power stone were..

but he knew where the time and space one, and then the mind stone,

...with the amount of time he's had, I don't think he could have found them yet.

 I hope Beth is wrong...

I hope he hasn't found them yet...

But somehow, Loki knew that they had run out of time. 

The thought of Odin hurting Peter, Tony or even Strange, Tony's husband, made his chest constrict.

 They were going to need all hands on deck to take Odin down.

 He fell asleep with the love of his life in his arms, only to wake up to all hell breaking loose.

*___________* 3rd POV