Chapter 51

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Kyuubi Speech"

'Kyuubi Thoughts'

Naruto's POV -

Running through the trees, I finally see it, Konohagakure. We began to run faster as none of us have slept in our beds for weeks at this point, and it would be nice to do so.

Entering the gate, we noticed Izumo and Kotetsu's somber mood right off the bat when they saw me.

'That was strange,' I thought, signing back in with the rest.

"Naruto, your presence is requested by Hokage-Sama," He then turned to Tou-San and whispered something.

"I understand," He said, looking down at the ground.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I think it would be best to hear it from someone who was there," he said. I slowly nodded my head.

"Let's go, Hinata-Hime," I said with a smile.

"Actually, I need to talk to her a bit about the mission. You go on ahead,"

"Ok, I guess I'll see you later, Hinata-Hime, Tou-San, An...Kaa-San, Te...Yamato-Nii," I said, waving to them and walking away.

"So what is it you wanted to talk about," I heard Hinata say before I was out of earshot.

"It's about something that happened while we were out," Tou-San said as I was finally out of earshot.

'Something happened? I guess that would explain why everyone is in a somber mood. What do you think, Kurama?'

"..." No reply.

'Fine, be that way, you damn furball,' I thought as I began to run to the tower.

When I got there, I noticed Gamabunta with Gamakichi on his head and a few other toads scattered across the tower's front lawn.

"Hey Gamabunta, what's going on?" I asked, looking at the boss summons of the toads.

"Well, Naruto..."

"Gamakichi, leave that to Fukasaku," Was all he said as he motioned for me to enter.

I felt a weird churning feeling in my stomach as I opened the door to Baa-Chan's office, seeing it full of smaller toads and no Pervy-Sage.

"Baa-Chan, what's going on?" I asked, looking around the room, and the only other people here were Sakura and Shizune.

"Naruto..." She began but stopped herself.

"This is Fukasaku, I am sure that you know of him," Baa-Chan said, and I nodded because

"Yeah, Pervy-Sage said it was important to meet the toads of my summons," I said.

"Naruto-Boy, There is no easy way to put this... But Jiraiya-Boy has died in battle,"

My whole world stopped.

"W...What?" I said, looking at everyone, trying to see the hint of this being a joke.

"I see. You all are trying to get back at me for all my pranks. Come on out, Pervy-Sage, I know you are in here somewhere," I said with a slight chuckle. After a few minutes of silence, I spoke again.

"Please come out," I said in a shaky tone.

Tears began to stream down my face, and I started hyperventilating as I crashed to the ground holding my chest.