Chapter 6

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Kyuubi Speech"

'Kyuubi thoughts'

Previously -

"Therefore, because of your teamwork I have decided that you Hinata Hyuga, Sasuke Uchiha, and Naruto Uzumaki, may the will of fire lead you three to long, safe lives as shinobi."

The two of the three newly appointed genin cheer while the last just smiles.

"That being said we will meet at that bridge over there every morning to start your training as well as partaking in D-rank missions."

Present -

It has been three months since the bell test. The three genin have no idea how many times they had to catch Tora, the wife of the Fire Daimyo' cat.

"I swear to Kami if we have to catch that cat one more time I am gonna shave it Jiji. Give us a real mission, not these chores the villagers are too lazy to do themselves." Naruto Said to the old hokage as him and the rest of team seven with a flailing Tora who is trying to escape.

"Naruto, how many times do I have to tell you to be respectful to Hokage-sama?" Kakashi told the blonde.

"Kakashi do you think they are ready?" Hiruzen spoke to the masked man.

"Well after completing almost fifty D-rank missions almost half of them catching the demon of Konoha. I think they are ready." Kakashi answered with some dread rethinking all the times he had to catch that damn cat with Minato Sensei.

'Wait how old even is that cat?' Kakashi thought, planning to ask Hiruzen later.

In the background you can hear the wife of the Fire Daimyo screaming for Tora to come back to her.

"I could give you C-rank. Or you could catch Tora again."

"NO!" Everyone on team seven including Kakashi, which surprised the three genin.

Even Hiruzen was terrified because he was one of the first genin teams to have to catch the cat.

"So be it, Iruka inform team nine that they have a mission ready for them, and also bring in Tazuna."

"Yes Hokage-sama" with that Iruka left the room

"Team seven your mission will be to protect Tazuna, a bridge builder from Nami no Kuni. You will protect him back to Nami and while he completes the bridge he is building." Hiruzen said as Tazuna entered the room. The man was clearly drunk, it was very noticeable even if he didn't have a bottle.

"What is this a bunch of brats, I asked for ninja not some useless kids." Tazuna said

Naruto was mad at the man for underestimating them, Sasuke was also mad too because he is an Uchiha, but didn't show it, and Hinata was upset because that is exactly what her clan thinks of her.

Naruto was about to show his frustration when he noticed how Hinata seemed to be more upset than mad.

"Hey Hinata it's alright this drunk doesn't know what he is talking about dattebayo!"

"T..thank you N...Naruto-kun." said Hinata in a hushed voice.

"Well I am a Jounin so you should be perfectly fine." Kakashi said, giving an eye smile.