Chapter 14

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Kyuubi Speech"

'Kyuubi Thoughts'

Previously -

What they all had not realized yet. Was the threat looming just around the corner.

Naruto's POV -

It had been a couple days since we had made our way to the tower. We were waiting in our team's room most of the time as teams slowly rolled into the tower with their scrolls. In a little bit we are all to report to the training grounds at the base of the tower for something, possibly the finals.

"Hey Teme what do you think we will be doing down there?" I ask as I get dressed in my mission clothes.

"Like I care Dobe, Just finish up already we were supposed to meet with Hinata-San by now," Sasuke said walking towards the doorway.

"Shit you're right! WAIT! WHERE ARE MY PANTS, DATTEBAYO?" I scream only to hear Teme clear his throat to get my attention. Then points to my pants that were right on the edge of my futon.

I swiftly put my pants on as well as my kunai pouches. Now, finally ready to go, I see Sasuke-Teme and Hinata-Chan standing at the end of the hallway checking their equipment.

"Hey! Sorry I am a bit late I guess Kakashi-Sensei is rubbing off on me," I say, scratching the back of my head a bit.

"Poor wording," Sasuke-Teme said before walking away. Hinata-Chan turned bright red at the comment, while I sat there confused for a minute. It takes a minute, but I realise what he meant by that.

"HEY! GET BACK HERE AND TAKE THAT BACK DAMN TEME!" I shout chasing after him as Hinata-Chan follows. I chased him around for a little bit before it was time to report to the training grounds.

We stood there for about five minutes before Jiji walked in with a handful of ANBU and Anko-San.

"Congratulations, you have all made it this far, however..." Jiji said before he was cut off by a guy with sunken eyes, medium length jet black hair, the normal Jounin vest, and A bandana style Haytate.

"Hokage-Sama, if I may since I am the proctor of the third phase of the exam," The man says.

"Alright, as you wish," Jiji Said to the Jounin in charge of this phase. Said Jounin bows again before turning to the group of the remaining Genin.

"Alright, I am Hayate Gekkō, I will be the proctor for the third phase of this exam. Again congratulations on making it this far, however, there are too many of you to move straight into the third phase, we will need to hold preliminaries to slim these numbers down," He said with a blank expression on his face.

"You all may not know this but these exams are a placeholder for war. They are meant to test the abilities of the elemental nations might to help gage the strength throughout the generations without resulting in war. It is also to show a balance of power between Nations as all village leaders present at the finals are eligible to vote for or against one's promotion.Lastly there are people that will be there to assess where to send their missions to which village with the right skills they are looking for in mission ready shinobi," Jiji Interdicted explaining the exams as a whole further expanding our knowledge.

"Thank you, Hokage-Sama. My words are absolute, if I say to stop you WILL stop any and all attacks. Anyway two random names will appear on the electronic board, those two will face each other until one of three things happens. One, someone forfeits the match either verbally or three sudden taps on the closest surface. Two, one person is unable to finish the match via my standard or they are knocked out. Three, one opponent loses one's life," I started to get nervous as the possibility of death is more likely due to these being the strongest of these exams.