𝐀 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 <3>

THE WEATHER WAS ONLY WORSENING MORE AND MORE AS THE NIGHT WENT ON. Mike decided to invite everyone round to his house after spending another fifteen minutes looking for Will but it was a lot harder to do so when you have a mysterious girl tagging along.

Lucas was positive that Mike had lost his mind. Letting her in his house? It was one thing to have her know where he lived, but inviting her inside?

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?"

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?"

"Did you run away?"

"Are you in some sort of trouble?"

"Is that blood?"

"I think you're freaking her out!" Alice frowned, holding a hand out to stop Dustin from nearing any closer to the girl.

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas argued, defensively.

"I bet she's deaf." Dustin continued.

"Right that's enough! She's just scared and cold." Mike snapped glaring at his two friends. He waltzed over to the laundry basket, grabbing a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants from the top.

"Here, these are clean." Mike told her, handing over the clothes carefully.

The girl took the clothes hesitantly and sent Mike an odd look. It was clear that she had never been in company before. She grabbed the clothes, beginning to get changed in the middle of the basement. "No!"

"Oh my God, oh my god!"

"See, over there , that's the bathroom.."

"You can get changed in there, for some privacy." Alice added, sending the girl an apologetic glance.

Alice felt bad for her. She didn't even know her and she could tell there was something seriously wrong with the way the girl was acting. Something she had never seen before.

"This is so crazy!" Dustin whispered after Mike had taken the girl over to the bathroom in the basement.

"Do you think she's homeless?" Alice whispered softly watching her and Mike in the distance.

"Who cares? It's not our responsibility. We're supposed to be looking for Will. Not babysitting some homeless kid." Lucas mumbled throwing dirty looks at the girl.

"I know we're supposed to be looking for Will, but we can't just leave her out there. She'll probably end up with hypothermia or something!" Alice argued back as thunder rattled through the sky. The rain was some how even heavier now than it was earlier, and there was no sign of it stopping any time soon.

Mike had eventually wandered back over to the group and had left the girl alone so that she could get changed. He almost looked as if he was blushing.

"This is mental." Dustin uttered after Mike had arrived, budging his way in between Lucas and Alice.

"At least she can talk."

"She said no and yes, your three year old sister can say more." Lucas rolled his eyes.

"She tried to get naked." Dustin uttered, his mouth gaping wide.