𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲 <19>

BEING MADONNA FOR A DAY WAS ANY TEENAGE GIRLS DREAM, and that is exactly why Alice decided she would make that dream a reality. It was Halloween after all. She could be anything she god damn wanted.

With the help of her dear mother, she had made the perfect costume. She looked as close as you could get to being Madonna.

"Wow." Steve smirked watching his sister trudge down the stairs in her long skirt. "You look ridiculous."

"Are you kidding? She looks great. Don't listen to him, Alice. He's a boy." Jennifer Harrington dismissed giving the boy a playful shove.

"Steve, when you were my age you were still dressing up as a dinosaur, so if I were you I'd think hard about who your calling ridiculous, here."

She had spent the morning pinning up her curly hair in attempt to re-create Madonna's, along with her crazy colourful spontaneous outfit choices. It definitely wasn't appropriate for the cold weather outside. Not if she cared. She wasn't going to let anything ruin her outfit.

"Alice put a jacket on. It's freezing outside."

Alice gave her mother a dumbfound look. "No way, it'll ruin my outfit."

"I don't care. I'd rather your outfit be ruined than have to spend half the month of November in hospital, again."

With a sigh, Alice returned to her bedroom in attempt to find a jacket suitable for her outfit. She eventually came to terms that there wasn't really anything she had which wouldn't spoil her costume.

So, she decided to raid her mother's wardrobe. She had plenty of jackets which were cool enough. Alice had managed to find an oversized denim jacket which actually matched quite well with the costume.

Once she had returned back downstairs it was time to leave. "Right, it's time for you two to go- wait a minute, is that my jacket?"

"Yep," Alice smiled. "And it's mine now."

And without another second, she was out the door.

.

"And, why exactly am I not just taking you straight to school?"

"Because, Steve. That's embarrassing. I'm not walking in on my own dressed like this."

"You can barely even tell that's a costume. Half the girls in my school dress like that everyday."

"That's because they all wanna be Madonna, obviously."

Alice had insisted that Steve dropped her off at Lucas's house. She did not want to go into school alone, and it was pretty understandable. Plus, she really wanted to see the boy's costumes before school started.

"Thanks, Steve."

"Yeah, whatever. I'll pick you up later."

After arriving at Lucas's house, Alice noticed that it seemed as if he was almost ready to go. He looked rather embarrassed and Alice couldn't quite figure out why, but after taking a closer look she noticed that he was in fact being photographed by his mother.

"Mom-Mom. That's enough now, please."

"Lucas. What is the matter with you? You asked me to take at least thirty-"

"Hi, Alice!"

After Lucas's rather enthusiastic welcome, Mrs Sinclair turned around to welcome the girl with a strong smile.

"Don't you look just look gorgeous, Alice! Quick, stand in next to Lucas for a picture."

"Mom!"

"Lucas!" She whined in mockery.