𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐝! <29>

THE SOUND OF A BLARING ALARM SHOT PANIC THROUGH JENNIFER' S CHEST. No one quite had time to react to Will's previous words. Clearly, something was wrong. Very wrong. And it seemed as though they were too late.

"What's going on?" She asked Joyce, who was equally as confused as her.

"I don't- I don't know."

Mike and Bob re-entered the room in a hurry. Mike looked out of breath and scared. This only made Jennifer feel worse.

"What's going on?" Joyce asked them both.

"We're under attack." Mike breathed. "You have to get Alice." He order to Jennifer. "We have to get out of here."

Jennifer didn't have to be told twice. She left the room in a frantic hurry. Of course she wasn't going to leave Alice behind. She didn't care if this lab was helping her. All it had done so far was make her worse. In fact, she was rather glad to be leaving this place. She hadn't slept a wink since entering and was beginning to miss her home.

"You need to make Will sleep." Mike said after the older woman had left. Mike had discovered that Will, wasn't Will anymore. Whoever it was in his body, was anything but the shy innocent boy he classed as his best friend. They were bad news. They were the one who caused all the soldiers to die, they caused the current attack. God knows what else they could do or have done, Will had put to sleep. He was dangerous. If they kept him awake, there is a chance that he'd snake them out, and cause danger to them. It could possibly cost their lives.

"What?" Joyce spat.

"He's a spy. If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster." Mike replied causing Will to sit up in anger.

"He's lying!" He argued.

"He killed those soldiers. He'll kill us, too!"

Joyce and Bob held the boys shoulders. He was moving up and down frantically now. Which is something that Will Byers would not do. Will was quite, even when he was angry.

"He's lying! He's lying! He's lying! He's lying! He's lying!"

Loud gunshots alerted them that whatever the hell was happening was serious and spreading towards them fast. They had to get out of here.

"Those are gunshots!" Bob cried worriedly.

Jennifer burst into the room with a sleeping Alice on her shoulder. "We have to get out of here, right now!" She told them, out of breath after hearing the gunshots herself.

"He's lying! He's lying!" Will was still shaking uncontrollably, crying out the same thing over and over again.

"Okay, Will, Will, listen, listen." Joyce calmed him down.

"Do you know who I am?" She asked firmly. The boy looked at her face, almost as if he was studying it, yet still said nothing. "Do you know who I am?" She repeated.

"You're . . . You're . . . You're mom."

Joyce turned to Bob, looking at him sadly. She knew that wasn't her son. It pained her to see him like this, but she had to remind herself that, that wasn't Will.

It was someone else.

"Hold him down."

Bob held his shoulders down firmly as the boy was set into panic. "No! No! Let go! No! No! Let me go! Let go!" Joyce picked up the needle, and moved to the boy's bare arm. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"Let me go! Let go! Let me go!"

Jennifer cringed as she heard the boy cry. She was starting to feel rather grateful that Alice was still asleep. At least she wouldn't have to go through the pain of hearing Alice's screams.