𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 <7>

IT TOOK ALICE NEARLY TEN MINUTES TO PERSUADE ElEVEN TO LEAVE THE BEDROOM. She was obviously feeling nervous about dressing differently in front of the boys but eventually she left the room after Alice insisted that she looked pretty.

"Wow. She looks-"

"Pretty." Mike finished gazing at Eleven with adoration. It was clear as day that Mike had a crush on Eleven. Everyone could see it. But Mike being Mike, he was far to wrapped up in his own stubbornness to admit it to anyone. Alice knew he would crack eventually.

"Good. You look pretty good." He corrected.

Lucas snickered from behind Mike, finding the situation amusing. "He's so transparent."

"Tell me about it."

.

Hawkins Middle was normally a very lively place but today was different. It seemed quiet and empty, no one was hovering around the halls as usual trying to skip class. It was deserted.

"Okay, remember if anyone sees us, look sad."

It didn't take a genius to understand what Mike was trying to say. They had to look sad if they were going to persuade others, they had to make sure no one was suspicious. It was too risky.

"Attention all students, there will be an assembly to honor Will Byers in the gymnasium now. Do not go to forth period."

That explained why the hallways were completely empty, but it didn't change the fact that there seemed to be a slight dark feel around the corridors of the school.

Once they had arrived at the door to the Heathkit, Mike tried to open the door, but unfortunately it was locked. "It's locked." He tried again, and again, and again.

"Stop it. That's not going to work." Alice swatted Mike's hand away off the door.

There was no point in Mike breaking the lock by trying to get in, then their whole plan would be ruined. They just had to find another way in. A way that didn't involve busting the locks.

Dustin turned to Eleven, coming up with a small idea. "What? Hey, do you think you could open it? With your powers?"

It looked as if Eleven was about to answer but she didn't get the chance. Mr Clarke, the party's science teacher, came out from round the corner.

He looked rather confused as to why they were all gathered round the door, but he didn't question them quite yet. "Boys. And Girl." He greeted sending them all a tight lip smile. "Assembly's about to start."

"We know. We're just, you know-" Mike whispered trying his best to sound upset.

The boy really was playing it off, terrible.

"Upset." Lucas finished, trying to grab the attention off Mike.

"Really upset."

"We just need some alone time." Mike continued, grabbing the teachers attention again.

"To cry." Dustin added.

It was clear that not a single one of them had taken an acting class in their life but that didn't matter because surprisingly, Mr Clarke bought it.

"Yeah listen, I get it. I do. I know how hard this is, but let's just be there for Will, huh?"

"And then, the Heathkit is all yours for the rest of the day." He offered throwing the raven haired boy the set of keys to unlock the door. "What do you say?"