𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞-𝐮𝐩𝐬 & 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 <6>

MIKE WHEELER WAS CURRENTLY WRAPED UP IN HIS BASEMENT. Ever since he had returned home he hadn't spoke to Eleven. He was extremely irritated with her and couldn't bare to look at her without feeling terrible. He desperately wanted to throw her out and tell her to never come back again, but there was something he couldn't quite possibly figure out stopping him from doing exactly that.

To try and get his mind of Eleven, the boy pulled out some drawings that Will had made him over the years. He sat on his basement sofa, softly gazing down at the tatty artwork by the Byers boy. It made his chest feel fuzzy and warm. There was a massive part of Mike that wanted to believe that Will was still out there, but he had went on too long believing what Eleven was feeding him. He hated being wrong, but for once Lucas Sinclair had proved the raven haired boy wrong and Mike hated it.

"Can you please stop that?" Mike snapped at Eleven as she fiddled with his radio, constantly changing the channels. Eleven looked up at Mike with teary eyes but continued anyway.

Mike rolled his eyes. "Are you deaf? I though we were friends, you know? But friends tell each other the truth. And they definitely don't lie to each other. You made me think Will was okay, that he was still out there, you made us all believe he was still alive, but he wasn't."

"He wasn't!" Mike continued. "Maybe you thought you were helping, but you weren't. You hurt me. Do you understand? You hurt Alice, you hurt Dustin, and you hurt Lucas. I though we were your friends. I thought I was your friend? What you did sucks."

"Lucas was right about you. All along."

Mike didn't think he fully believed that Eleven was an l horrible person, but for his friend's sake, he felt like he owed it to Will for believing in her lies.

Eleven continued ignoring the boy in front of her as she played with the radio for a few more seconds. As the channel switched again, Mike didn't hear the usual fuzzy noise which was irritating his ears. He heard something else, or more like someone else.

"So come on and let me know, Should I stay or should I go? Should I stay or should I go now? Should I stay or should I go now? If I go there will be trouble If I stay it will be double?"

Mike recognised the voice almost instantly. Will Byers had sung that song to Mike countless times in the past, and he recognised the way the voice was breathing- it may have seemed strange to be able to recognise someone's breathing, but after knowing Will for the length Mike had, it wasn't considered strange at all.

"Will, is that you? It's Mike! Do you copy? Over." Mike leaned over Eleven, grabbing the radio out of her hands.

There was no reply.

"Will, are you there?"

"Will!"

Nothing.

"Was that...was it..." Mike turned back to the girl who sat smiling with a glimpse of happiness in her eyes.

Mike hoped she wasn't lying again, or making it all up but he knew the girl wasn't heartless. He was willing to give her one last chance since she had proved that Will wasn't entirely dead, but alive. Mike didn't understand how she did it. Or how Will could possibly still be alive after watching his body get dragged out the quarry, obviously lifeless.