𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐞 <17>

ALICE HAD NEVER ONCE IN HER LIFE BEEN UNPREPARED FOR HALLOWEEN. Until, Halloween 1984. Which happened to be tomorrow. She still had no costume. Things were arguably getting out of hand. She had to think fast.

She didn't know what to dress as. Mike wanted Alice to go as Slimer from Ghostbusters since the boys had all decided to go as a group costume and they wanted to desperately include poor old Alice. Only poor old Alice didn't want to be slimer. In fact, she didn't want to be part of their group costume at all.  She told Mike several times that she wasn't dressing up as a fat Green ghost for Halloween. But then he moved onto dressing up as Marshmallow man. Alice didn't know what one was worse.

Steve kept had been helping her try and think of a costume everyday when the two drove to school together. He gave her plenty good ideas. But the problem was, it had to be approved. By each and every single party member.

She had gave them at least twenty costumes and each time someone says 'that's way too basic, it's Halloween Alice, wake up' or 'it's too boring, my grandma could come up with something better than that', sometimes even 'what even is that?'

Alice was so tired. And she had to find a costume before tomorrow. It's the best night of the year and she was not missing out on her favourite holiday.

"Alice, sweetheart."

Alice sent her mother a hum of awareness from her spot on the couch. She had been flickering through magazines for the past hour trying to find a costume.

"I don't really feel like cooking tonight. Do you want to just grab something out?"

"Like what?"

"You can pick."

"Really?" Alice asked sitting up from her seat with a grin.

Something Jennifer Harrington did not do often was take people out for food. Futhermore, she didn't let you decide where.

Alice felt like she was dreaming. Who was this woman and what had she done with her mother?

She didn't have to be told twice. She quickly told her mother exactly where she wanted to go.It was arguably the most basic restaurant in Hawkins but god, their food was good.

They were specifically known for their amazing hamburgers. They were better than any other hamburgers in town. And Alice would gladly fight anyone who said otherwise. She had battled with Dustin over it plenty of times, and even one time he left with a bloody nose. Safe to say he didn't argue with her over it again.

Alice always ordered the same thing. Every single time. A strawberry lemonade, sweet potato fries and a large hamburger with no cheese.

It truly was amazing.

Jennifer always went for a more plain option. She was a simple woman, which meant simple choices. A large cup of black coffee, a plain hamburger and a large slice of chocolate cake which she always ended up sharing with Alice.

"You looking forward for tomorrow?" Jennifer asked, wiping away the grease from her mouth as she engulfed the burger.

Alice's eyes went wide. She forgot about her costume again. She had to think of something, and fast."Yeah, totally. It'll be fun, you know? Getting all that candy, spending time with all my friends."

"I'm glad your exited." Jennifer knew how much Halloween meant to her daughter, and she knew how much she loved the holiday.

"I do have, a slight problem."

Jennifer peered at her daughter suspiciously through her glasses. "What?" She asked.

"I sort of, don't really have a costume yet." She began slowly, beginning to speed up her words once she seen the woman's pained expression. "And I know what you're probably thinking, and I know, Halloween's tomorrow and I'm telling you this now. Which is stupid but honestly it just left my mind!"