𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥 <41>

HOSPITALS WERE A PLACE ALICE RESENTED. There were few times in life Alice would use that word, resentment. She didn't resent a lot of things. Sure, there was a point when she truly believed that she resented her father and maybe she did. She used to hate that man with every bone in her body. But ever since her death, Henry Harrington had changed.

Alice wasn't sure what sort of change it was but he certainly wasn't the same man he was before his wife died. She didn't resent her father anymore. She still resented cauliflower and the month January, and she believed that these options couldn't change ever.

The reason she resented hospitals was mainly because of last year. She spent the start of November chained to a hospital bed away from her subconscious. It sure was enough to scare anyone away from one of these places.

Nancy knew exactly what room Mrs. Driscoll was staying in due to the fact she visited the elderly woman just less than twenty four hours ago.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Excuse me! Where do you think you're going?" The nurse spotted the rather large group trying to a sneak past her.

The plan was to hurry through the hospital unseen so they could quickly see Mrs. Driscoll before getting caught. It seemed the nurse was a bit more switched on than Nancy had anticipated.

"Oh! Umm. . . I was just going to visit my grandma again. And—and this . . . this is my family."

The nurse lowered her head peering at Lucas.

"Extended." He chuffed.

"I don't care who they are. You know the rules. Two visitors at a time."

"Yeah, but——"

"Two!" She held her figures up dismissively before returning back down to her seat and picking up the phone. "Girl, this child has lost her mind. She brought a whole zoo in here."

The group made the decision to send the two eldest up to see Mrs. Driscoll. Alice was rather happy with this decision. From the way Nancy was describing Mrs. Driscoll, Alice didn't feel like she want to see the woman. She sounded pretty terrifying.

The group of children were left alone with the receptionist downstairs in the lobby. Nancy and Johnathan had disappeared upstairs in search of the older woman and in the meantime, the children were trying to find a source of entertainment.

Lucas kept his eyes attached to Alice. Although they spoke their issue's out the other day in the swimming pool shed, there was still a lot of tension between the pair. He knew it was something on his part, something that he done to mess up.

He figured talking to Mike was his best bet. Will didn't really tend to know much when it came to girls. "I need your help." He whispered still watching Alice as she sprawled out along Max over the chairs.

"With?" Mike questioned. He soon found his answer when he followed Lucas's eyes. "You want my help with Alice?"

Lucas nodded.

"But, I thought you guys made up."

Lucas shook his head. "So did I! But she's still mad at me over something, and get this, she wont tell me what it is."

"She wants you to figure out by yourself. Girls are like that sometimes. They like watching you suffer."

"But, how am I supposed to make it up to her if she won't tell me what I've done wrong?" He whined.

"You've just gotta be overly nice to her for a few days. Trust me you'll be back to making out with her again in no time."

"Girls are scary sometimes." Lucas replied, watching as Max and Alice began play fighting with each other.