𝐖𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 <24>

MIKE WHEELER NORMALLY DIDN'T BAT AN EYELID WHEN ONE OF HIS FRIENDS TOOK THE DAY OFF, but when Alice and Will both took the day of on the same day without word. It worried him. Call it a coincidence, he didn't buy it.

What worried him even more was the fact he had phoned both of their houses and still none one had picked up the phone. Not even their parents. There was clearly something wrong.

Max, Lucas and Dustin wanted to know what was up with the pair of them just as much as Mike. All of them were as equally as concerned.

"Anything?" Lucas asked after Mike slammed the phone after another dead reply. The Harrington household had rang out again.

"We need to talk. AV room. Right now."

Everyone sprung up from there spot on the steps quickly as the boy ran over, including Max.

"Party members only." He spat looking at the red head with venom. Her heart panned as she halted in her spot.

"Come on, Mike." Dustin said feeling bad for the girl. He could see the way her eyes dropped at Mikes words, she just wanted to be one of them.

"No! This is non-negotiable." He replied  as disappeared into the school doors, expecting the rest (apart from Max) to follow.

"Sorry, Max." Dustin smiled apologetically, followed by Lucas sending her a quick apology too. They felt terribly guilty but if Mike was pushing something this far, then it must have been about last year. It had to have been. However max didn't appreciate the apologies. She would have much preferred to have been included on the first place, not kicked out like an outsider again and again.

Max knew that if Alice was around she wouldn't put up with Mike. She knew the two got along at the best of times, but she also recalled Alice telling her that Alice and Mike had two very different options. And each of them were very opinionated people and found a hard time accepting each other's opinions.

Clearly, Dustin and Lucas weren't the same as Mike and Alice were. They just seemed to go along with whatever he had to say. Even if that meant excluding her. That hurt a little. The least they could do would be standing up for her.

Meanwhile, inside the AV room, Mike decided to spill whatever information Will had given him about the upside-down. He was hoping that Alice had maybe even told one of them something about her point of view from the upside-down. And the best bet was Lucas.

"Will didn't want me to tell anyone, but on Halloween night he saw a sort of shadow in the sky."

"A shadow?" Lucas asked. "W-What kind of shadow?"

"I don't know. But it scared him." Mike answered. "And if Will really has True sight . . . I mean, if he can really see into the upside-down, maybe he saw that shadow again yesterday."

"So that's why he was frozen like that?" Dustin asked feeling rather worried about the information Mike was feeding them.

"Maybe."

"Can it hurt him?" Lucas started, growing deep concern for the boy. Lucas thought Will would have trusted them with this sort of stuff, they all witnessed what happened last year, it's not as if they were clueless like Max. It pained Lucas and Dustin to hear their friend was in pain.

"I mean, this shadow thing isn't from our world . . ."

"I'm not sure. Dustin?" Mike answered before looking up at the curly haired boy.

"Well, if you're in another plane, you can't interact with the material plane, so theoretically, no, the shadow can't hurt him."

"Yeah, if that's even what's happening. This isn't D&D. It's real life." Mike replied. He was deeply worried for Will, but at least he had some clue what was going on with him. With Alice, he had nothing.