𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 & 𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐬 <5>

THE NEXT MORNING CAME FAST. Alice woke up to an ice cold room, heading over to the window she had opened the night before and slamming it shut. Sleeping in a room which was cold, was far more comfortable than sleeping in the scorching heat.

Taking a look at her clock, she still had enough time to have breakfast before leaving for school. She quickly got changed and headed downstairs to find her brother with his head in the fridge.

"You look like shit." She commented after taking a glimpse of his face. He looked extremely hungover, with purple bags under his eyes and as if he hadn't had a drop of sleep in days.

"Shut up." He growled. Popping open the milk carton form the fridge, tilting his head back gulping down the liquid. "That's totally disgusting, Steve."

"What?" He looked up.

"If Mom seen you doing that, you'd be dead."

"She's not here." He smiled sarcastically.

Alice huffed as she lent over the counter grabbing an apple before taking a large bite. "I'm heading out."

"Hm- I don't think so." He argued closing the fridge door.

"Steve. I hate to break it to you, but I wasn't asking for your permission. I'm going out."

"Technically." He clicked his tongue. "You have too. Since you know... I'm in charge."

Alice stared at her brother in annoyance. "Please." She huffed, after taking a moment to think.

"Since I'm such a kind brother. I'll allow it." He smirked down at her. She sent him another glare as she left the kitchen heading out to the front door, where she grabbed her bike and headed off to Mike's house before school.

The cycle to Mike's didn't take long since the roads were still pretty quiet at this time in the morning and everyone was normally still getting ready for work and school.

When Alice arrived, Mrs Wheeler had let her inside telling the girl that the boys were all downstairs in the basement. She was quick to wish the woman a thank you before heading towards the basement to find her friends.

"Guys? You down here?" Alice called after opening the door.

"Yes. Hurry up and get down here." Mike shouted back frantically.

"Finally your here." Lucas added once Alice had joined the group of friends in the basement. She sent the boys a glance of confusion at the D&D board which was moved upside down on the table. "Why is the board upside down?"

"El did it yesterday, she said Will is hiding there." Mike answered not taking his eyes off Eleven.

"On the other side of a D&D game board?"

"No. Obviously not. She says she'll show us today."

"What do you mean she'll show us today? Why can't she just tell us?"

"Exactly! This whole situation is dodgy, Mike. What if she's just lying!" Lucas agreed with Alice. "She has no proof that she knows where he is." He continued.

"Why would she lie about something as serious as this? She's not stupid, Lucas."

"Are you kidding? She can barely talk!"