𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 <40>

STEVE HARRINGTON WAS MISSING. Alice had no idea where her brother was. For the past day she hadn't heard a single word from him- which by the way is weird, Steve doesn't shut up about what he's up to. So where the hell was he?

She had phoned her house, Scoops ahoy, and she had even phoned Dustin's house. His mother picked up and rambled on about how she hasn't seen Dustin all day either. Alice was puzzled as this. Dustin and Steve were both MIA. This gave her the conclusion that they were most likely together up to something they shouldn't be doing. She knew her brother and she knew Dustin. Maybe they were visiting Dustin's new girlfriend?

After the long day the party witnessed yesterday they went home to Mike's and completely crashed out. They were all exhausted. Max had barely spoken two words to Alice since finding out about Billy. She wouldn't even look at her. This filled Alice with a new feeling towards Max, anger. Alice had never been angry with Max before so it felt weird. Max was usually the one person who didn't make Alice mad. But Alice didn't want to speak to her. Not when she was being treated the way she was.

The room was thick and full of worry as the teenagers fell asleep on the cold hard floor, not many words were exchanged between them. Alice couldn't sleep thinking about her brother who was still not answering her calls. She knew she couldn't pretend like it was nothing, especially now knowing what happened to Billy. What if Steve came across Billy like Heather did?

Hoping everyone else was asleep, Alice wriggled out of her sleeping bag and started to do up her red converse. She made a mental note to clean the dirt off them the next time she had the chance, they were covered in a light dust. Most likely from the rainy ride the other night.

Unfortunately for Alice, she wasn't the last one awake. From a few heads away, Lucas Sinclair lay on his back listening to the sound of someone moving behind him. The sound of a zipper caught his attention firmly. This person was planning on leaving. His eyes widened further upon noticing Alice half way through pulling her hair back from her face with a blue ribbon.

"Alice?" He whispered shouted from his place on the floor. "Where are you going?"

She stopped midway meeting his worried gaze. She ignored his question at first giving herself a moment to think. "I need to check my house real quick."

"Why?"

"I need to try find Steve. He's still not answering my calls." She responded while standing up and walking towards the staircase.

"Wait!" Lucas hissed. "I'll come with you. It's late."

Alice shook her head. "I'll be fine on my own, Lucas."

"No." He stated. "I'm not letting you go alone."

Alice sighed but none the less waited on the boy as he himself tied up the same pair of red converse, only his were a lot more red looking. He had bought them only at the start of summer with money he had saved up. He wanted to match Alice.

The two exited the house quietly. Luckily Alice knew where Mrs Wheeler kept the house keys hidden so it was easy enough to nip in and out without getting locked out. Steve had told Alice countless times that the spare key was kept underneath the plant pot in the front porch.

They grabbed their bikes and headed in the direction of the Harrington household. The last time Alice had cycled this late in the us direction was the night Will went missing. She was filled with a weird sensation as she passed the familiar streets only this time it wasn't Will Byers admiring her on the streetlight. It was Lucas Sinclair.

He started at her, he felt unable to tear his eyes away. Maybe it was because of their fight from earlier, he wasn't sure. But he was filled with something weird.