𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬 <26>

DUSTIN HENDERSON WAS IN DEEP SHIT. All day he had been trying to contact someone. Anyone. This was a code red for god sake! Yet, not a single person was picking up.

It was as if everyone had disappeared, not once in his life had he been struggling to contact someone as much as he was now. He had a theory that they had been abducted by aliens. A year ago, Dustin would have told himself that isn't possible, but after everything they've been through, he wouldn't be surprised.

He was in the middle of burying his cat after he found Dart (the creature which he definitely didn't lie about losing) ripping the poor thing to shreds. And ever since then, Dart went missing. Again. But, this time he actually went missing.

"Guys, this is Dustin again. Does anyone copy? This is a code red. I repeat, a code red!"

With a few more shovels of dirt, Dustin had managed to bury his cat deep enough where his mother wouldn't find. He felt terrible, due to his mother's love for the cat. He had fed her a lie about Mews being up at Loch Nora so he had plenty of time to scrub the house into peak condition until she returned. He definitely hoped that the stained blood in his bedroom would come out of his carpet with ease. He didn't particularly feel like explaining that one to his mother.

"I really need someone to pick up here. Hopper's MIA, and I've got a code red. Code red!"

He had been scrubbing his carpet for about ten minutes, and surprisingly he had gotten most of the blood out. It probably helped that his carpet was relatively old anyway, which meant it was easy to disguise the stain.

"All right, it's Dustin again. Seriously, I have a code red."

"Could you please shut up?"

Finally!

"Erica? Erica, is Lucas there? Where is he?"

"Don't know. Don't care."

"Is he with Alice? Mike?"

"Like I said, I don't know and I don't care."

"Please tell him it's super important. Please tell him that I have a code——"

"Code red?"

"Yep, code red. Exactly."

"Mmm, hmm. I got a code for you instead. It's called code shut-your-mouth."

"E-Erica?"

Erica had turned the radio off, completely. She had ruined Dustin's chance of getting in touch with Lucas, and Dustin's didn't have time to go round to his house.

Dustin was glad he was only child. If he had a sister like Erica, he would consider running away.

"Bullshit!"

He needed help, and fast.

Why was it always him who was ignored when he needed someone most?

.

After munching most of the carbonara, Alice had asked Joyce to make her a cup of coffee. Joyce was most confused, but still granted the girl her wish as she assumed it was to make her feel better. However, she had no idea that Alice had planned on drinking a lot more than one cup. She needed lots of caffeine, even if the taste of coffee did make her gag.

Bob was sitting holding up a map of Hawkins.

"All right. I'm 3.6 inches, what do you got?"

Mike was down the other side of the house, holding onto a long line of string. "I'm not sure." Mike replied. "Mrs. Byers?"