𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐢𝐫 <42>

FLICKERING LIGHTS WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST INDICATORS FOR DANGER. Everyone knew by know what the lights meant. There was no avoiding what was going to happen.

The lights inside the hospital continued to flicker on and off. From their previous relaxed appearance, the group were now high alert standing up from the chairs in huddle. Their eyes were chained to the sealing, unable to stop watching the lights.

Alice felt a familiar chill creep up here neck, alerting her that in fact the shadow monster was in their presence somewhere. She just hoped Nancy and Johnathan would be carful.

Turning to face Will, she could tell that he too had felt him. "He's here." Will breathed, holding his hand to his neck.

Eleven prepared herself. She knew she was going to have to fight. "We have to help them." El murmured.

Mike nodded in agreement. "Come on." He pulled El's hand and together they rushed past the receptionist. The rest of the group hurried behind the couple.

"Hey, hey, hey! Two at a time!"

They ignored the woman as they passed. They didn't have time to take the lift, nor would they all fit. Clambering up the stairs was difficult, especially with a belly fully of candy. Alice sure regretted eating all five packets of skittles now.

They stopped at every floor and quickly scanning the halls for any sign of Nancy or Johnathan. It was until they reached the third floor that they finally were met with Johnathan.

He was standing behind a door, struggling to find his way inside. After spotting the children, his face turned red and he shouted them over. "Someone help me! Nancy's in here, I can't get the door."

El was quick to through the door open and off its hinges. Inside the room was Nancy laying on the floor with a rather large blob of what looked like a pile of guts.

"What the fuck is that?" Alice yelled looking at the creature with grimace. Max pushed Alice aside to get a look at what she was so disgusted by.

"What the f——" Max was caught off by the creature letting out a loud growl, most likely startled by El's entrance.

The creature abandoned Nancy on the floor and instead only cared about hurting Eleven. It threw its self forward attempting to hurt the girl. But Eleven was smarter, she picked the creature up and threw it against in the wall. It yelped out in pain.

She threw it across to the other side with even more force, and then onto the ceiling. It hit the floor with a thud as Eleven let the creature go. It took a second to compose itself but it was ready to attack again.

Only this time, Eleven caught it before it had the chance. It went flying out the window and down onto the hard ground below.

Eleven turned to her friends. "Go!" She yelled, pushing the downstairs in order to see the creature.

Going down the stairs was a lot easier than up. The lights in the hospital were going mad, on and off and on and off. They wouldn't stop.

Eleven led the way. She felt the need to protect her friends and she just proved to them all that she was more than capable of doing so.

There it was, the pile of guts disguised to look like the shadow monster trying to escape down a drain. Alice covered her mouth feeling sick at the sight of the thing. It smelt so bad.

They really had no idea what the hell they were up against.

.

After the events of last night, the group were unable to sleep. Knowing know that whatever was happening was bigger than they originally thought, or seen before they didn't haven't any time to sit about and do nothing.