𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞,𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬 <8>

IF THERE WAS ONE THING STEVE HARRINGTON WAS CUT OUT FOR, it definitely wasn't babysitting.

He had least expected to be spending his evening wrapped up in his kitchen waiting for his sister to return home at the early hours in the morning.

He was worried. Extremely worried.

Surely she wouldn't just get up and leave without letting him know?

It was nearing 1am. Steve had waited long enough. He grabbed his keys and jacket, and headed to the first place he could think of.

Nancy's.

When he arrived at the Wheeler's, all the lights were out and the curtains were drawn.

He couldn't just ring the doorbell and wake the whole house up, so he climbed over to his girlfriends window as normal, knocking softly on the glass.

Luckily, Nancy was actually still awake. She wasn't normally up this late but recently she had been struggling to sleep. Her mind always seemed to be clogging up her mind with unpleasant thoughts, that kept her up at night.

She was startled when she heard the sudden rapping coming from her window. She hadn't expected company, especially not this late.

The girl rushed over and pulled up her blinds, she was relieved, but a little surprised to see that it was just her boyfriend, Steve Harrington.

She opened the window slowly giving Steve an odd look. "You do realise what time it is, right?"

Steve climbed in through the window, slightly tripping over the small ledge as he sent her a thankful glance.

"Yeah, I know. I wouldn't have come if it wasn't this important." Steve sighed, pacing up and down the small bedroom as he scraped his hands through his hair rather aggressively.

Nancy's face dropped. "What's wrong?"

"It's probably nothing."

"Steve, what is it?"

Steve panicked, a look of distress was taking over his complexion. "I don't know where Alice is!" He snapped raising his voice a little louder than he meant to.

"What do you mean you don't know where Alice is?"

"She didn't come home, Nancy." Nancy glanced at him with sympathy. "I-I don't know what I'm supposed to do-"

She reached over to grab his arm but he began pacing again walking out of her reach. "Steve-"

He continued rambling. "I knew I should've stayed home today."

"Steve." Nancy whispered shouted grabbing his attention. "You need to calm down."

"I'm sure she's just round at Dustin or Lucas's, it is Will's funeral tomorrow. She's probably upset and wanted company."

"No-no. You don't understand, Nancy." Steve pulled away from her moving over to sit on her bed, lacing his hands through his hair again. "She's never done this before."

Nancy sighed. "Do you want me to check if Mike's seen her?"

Steve lifted his head up to meet with a pair of concerned eyes. "Would you?" He whispered softly. "Please."

"Alright." She smiled. "Just wait here."

In the truth, Nancy thought Steve was over reacting. She had never seen the boy in such a state. It was rather concerning that Alice didn't go home, but Mike did that all the time and he ended up fine.