𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 <31>

ELEVEN WAS ALIVE? The amount of questions which stirred upon her entry left everyone feeling confused. How was it even possible? Why? Where had she been and why had she been hiding?
She stood there looking sad, almost out of joy. She was so happy to see their faces again. Not having seen them in almost a year had really affected her. She missed their stupid commentary, their stupid partly rules. It felt good to have them back.

"Eleven."

Mike of course, was the first to get privilege to capture her attention. Everyone wanted to ask her questions, but everyone also knew El didn't cope well in situations like these. The best person and only person who would be able to talk to her would be Mike.

"Mike." She gasped, running over to the boy and pulling him in tightly as they both sobbed. They swayed together in joy. Mike couldn't believe it either. She wasn't gone like he thought, and he felt so relieved.

"Is that . . ." Max asked nodding towards the two. Dustin and Lucas nodded their heads as an answer. They too were surprised to see El. They too had missed her. Which struck Lucas by surprise at first, considering he couldn't stand El at all last year when she was around, so why did he miss her when she was gone.

"I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for——"

"353 days. I heard." El smiled.

Mikes face dropped . "Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her."

Jennifer's face shot up in confusion. She felt as if she was the only one who had no clue who this girl was. I mean, she barged in and no one was explaining to her who she was. Their reasoning? It's not the time! That's what Steve kept repeating every time she tried to ask any sort of question about who this mysterious girl was. And now learning that Hopper knew this girl too, made her feel even more left out the loop.

"The hell is this? Where you been?" Hopper questioned full of concern.

"Where have you been?" El spat back.

The man didn't answer her but simply pulled her head down onto his chest softly. It was his way of saying he missed her.

Mikes face turned red. As if he had painted a picture of what was actually going on here. "You've been hiding her." He said. "You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike continued angrily.

Hopper snapped back grabbing his arm. "Hey! Hey! Let's talk. Alone." He pulled the boy out the room leaving El alone with the rest.

Dustin was the first to run forward and knock El into a crushing hug. Lucas joined him in from behind.

"So, now can I ask questions?" Jennifer asked Steve watching the children in such joy with this girl.

"This, this is El." Steve said, pointing at El who looked up from the hug and sent Jennifer an awkward wave.

"Okay. . . Who is she exactly?"

"She's . . . she's the whole reason Alice came home last year. Without her, Alice and Will would still be stuck there. She's special."

"Special how?"

"The lab, they like fried her brain and done some weird shit to her. I really don't know how it works, but it somehow gave her superpowers."

"Okay, Steve. I get I'm like the only one who doesn't know this girl, but that is not funny."

"I'm being serious! She's like superman! Are you really that surprised a kid has superpowers after everything you've found out these past few hours?"