𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐧? <4>

AFTER THE EVENTS OF THE AFTERNOON, Steve had swung round to the Wheeler's to pick Alice up. He had promised his mother that he would look after his younger sister, and he wasn't feeling up to hearing his mothers complaints if he had made her walk. 

Alice was up in her bedroom, still in the same clothes from earlier, laying on her bed listening to music through her brothers Walkman which she had pinched from his room earlier. She was enjoying the music listening to some of her favourite bands, Fleetwood Mac, queen, but especially the clash. More because they were Will's favourite band and right now Alice would do anything to hear his voice or even find out if he was alive- and their music reminded her of him.

She remembered when he first introduced her to the band, it was the middle of September, it hadn't stopped raining for two weeks. Alice was at Will's house, in his bedroom. The rain was battering against his window and the two friends were quiet relaxed. They were completely comfortable with each other, feeling at peace as they hung out with each other, reading together in Will's bedroom. 

"Alice." The boy hummed throwing his book aside. "Hmm." She mumbled, her attention still on her book. "Wanna do something else?"

"Like what?" She lifted the book down from her face, pulling her reading glasses onto her head.

"I don't know, anything."

"It's your house, surely the must be something you can do to entertain yourself."

"Yeah, but I'd rather be with you."

"You are with me. I'm not going anywhere." She giggled, dropping her book onto her lap. He sent her a large smile. "But you're ignoring me."

"I'm not ignoring you. You have my full attention."

"Fine. Let's play a game." Will sat up from the bed, moving over to his stereo. "I'll play a song and you have to guess it. Okay? You ready?"

"Ready." She smiled.

Should I stay or Should I go, started playing through the boys stereo, causing Johnathan Byers to giggle to himself from the room next door.

"Well... what is it?" Will asked.

"I don't know." Alice rolled onto her back.

"What?" Will scoffed. "You don't know the Clash?"

"Never heard of them."

"Oh, my god." Will removed the mixtape from the stereo. "You've got to take my mixtape, listen to all their songs. There all on there." He tossed the tape over onto the girls lap.

"Really? Your giving me your mixtape? Your most priced possession." Alice teased, sitting up from her previous position on the bed, her glasses falling back down onto her head. "Mike said you'd never lend this to anyone."

"Yeah, but you're different."

"Alice. Alice. Alice!" Steve shouted while shaking awake his sister. "What?" Alice snapped her eyes snapping open, to see her brother peering down at her.

"Carol wants to see you." Steve sighed, sitting on edge of her bed.

"Can't you just tell her I'm asleep?" Alice huffed as she rolled over and threw her pillow over her head.

"I already told her that. She told me to go and wake you up." Steve persisted.

"I'm not going down." Alice said through the muffled pillow.

"Yes you are." Steve ordered standing up from the bed."

"No I'm not."

"Fine." He paused. "I guess I'll have to drag you down."

"What?" Alice panicked sitting up from her bed. Steve took that as an opportunity to quickly grab his sister by the wrist and drank her down to his friends.

"Steve! Let me go." Alice cried as he pulled her along the hall. "Not until you promise to come down. Just for two minutes. Carol won't let it go." Steve said looking down at his younger sister.

"If I promise to come down for two minutes, do you promise to leave me alone for the rest of the night?" Alice asked frustrated.

"Yes. Whatever you want." Steve replied. "Fine." Alice scoffed pulling her wrist away from her brother before heading downstairs before him.

"Hi Carol." Alice said walking into the kitchen, facing Carol and her boyfriend.

"Alice!" Carol cheered jumping down from the counter. "My god you've gotten tall." She smiled walking over and playing with the younger girl's hair. "

"She's nearly the same height as you Carol." Tommy, Carols boyfriend laughed from behind.

The doorbell rang grabbing Steve's attention."I better get that." He mumbled, grabbing a pack of beers out of the fridge before leaving to answer the door. Tommy's face lit up. "Carol, catch." Tommy thew the girl a beer. "Want one?" He looked over at Alice.

"Are you kidding, Tommy? She's ten." Carol spat, giving her boyfriend a murderous look. "Actually, I'm twelve." Alice mumbled.

"What? He scoffed. "I had my first beer when I was her age."

"No you did not." Carol rolled her eyes. "You were to much of a pussy to drink in middle school."

"I was not!" He argued, cracking the beer open.

"This is why you should stay single, Alice. Boys are just annoying." She turned to the younger girl.

"Tell me about it." She smiled.

"Alice will have boys lining up to date her, won't she Steve?" Tommy teased, once the older Harrington had re-entered the kitchen with two girls following him, one Alice recognised as Nancy Wheeler.

"What?" Steve asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Ugh, get your sister away from Tommy. He's a bad influence." Carol snickered, waking back over to the other side of the kitchen, back up onto the counter she was previously sitting on.

"My god, Tommy. Can't you just sit, and shut your damn mouth for two minutes."

"I barely said two words." Tommy laughed, lighting up a cigarette causing Steve to roll his eyes.

"Alice. Out." Steve clicked his fingers pointing up to her room.

"Say less, brother." She smiled sarcastically before running off back upstairs.

.

Alice been trying to get to sleep for the past hour. She was tossing and turning, and felt to warm wrapped up in her winter covers. She let out a large sigh before she jumped out of bed and walked over to her window which faced the backyard.

Taking a small glance outside, she noticed someone sitting outside alone. It was the girl she had seen earlier in the kitchen with Nancy, but she didn't know her name. Alice pulled open her window, looking out at the garden one more time with a tired glance before heading back to her bed, feeling more tired than she was before. She was able to fall right asleep in the cooler temperature.

This chapter was literally so short, sorry lol

Also sorry I haven't been updating as much but I'm going to hopefully publish another chapter today.

I went to Harry Potter world in London the other day and it was amazing. Literally I was in awe. It's put me right back into my Harry Potter phase and I'm considering writing a Harry Potter fanfic next. Would you guys be interested in that? Please let me know if you are thanks:)