𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐭 <46>

THREE MONTHS HAD WENT BY SINCE THE INCIDENT AND IT SEEMED AS THOUGH THINGS WERE STARTING TO LOOK UP FOR HAWKINS. Nearly everything had changed since the mall mysteriously burnt down three months ago. First of all, Hopper was gone which impacted everyone in this town in some way.

Jim Hopper was usually a complete pain the arse, but he was god damn good at his job and he was well respected for it. Despite his previous past of being a drunk he had really stepped up over the last year.

Looking after Eleven was just what he needed to get his life back on track, and it seemed as though as quickly as that came, it was gone again.

Secondly, Billy was gone. Now don't be fooled, Billy's death actually ended up affecting a lot of people. It seemed as though Billy dying was the last straw for Max's stepfather. He had left town a few weeks after his death. Now that he didn't have Billy to take out his anger on, he started to take it out on Max's mother.

She didn't let him treat her like he treated his son. That's what resulted in him packing his bags and not returning home. Max figured she and her mom wouldn't last long on their own in their house. It wasn't the biggest or fanciest of places, but it was too much for them to afford with just the two of them.

Max offered to find a small job somewhere in town, but it seemed she was sort of options. Being back at school now made it even harder to find work. There were no summer jobs available and not many businesses took on fifteen year olds.

It was Alice's birthday soon. That was about the only good thing that was happening in the current month of September. She wanted to spend the day with her friends by her pool. Steve promised he'd decorate it and make sure he bought cool snacks for the gathering.

Although there was one thing that made her dread her birthday this year, and that was the fact that two members of the party weren't going to be here for it this year.

After the loss of Hopper it seemed that Joyce couldn't bear to live in this town any longer. From loosing Bob to him, Joyce had lost all faith in living here. She figured her luck had ran out and that she needed to just pack up and leave. There was nothing left for her here anymore.

That meant that Will and Eleven were leaving too. The party was loosing two members, and it hurt to see them go. Eleven had began to live with the Byers after Hopper died. There was nowhere else she was safe and Joyce figured she owed it to the girl to take care of her. She'd done a lot for her family.

In order to salvage the time they had left, the party all decided to help pack up every last bit of the Byers house. Alice had already picked out some of Johnathan's records that he claimed he no longer needed. She knew he was lying. He just saw how her face lit up at the sight of the albums and felt they'd be better off with her. He could always just buy another copy in California.

"Turn around."

Ever since the party had heard Dustin sing with his girlfriend three months ago, they hadn't stopped teasing him about it. Lucas had even took it as far as purchasing his own copy of the record to play whenever Dustin was near to annoy him.

"Look at what you see, in her face. The mirror of your dreams." Alice, Lucas and Max all chimed together singing at the curly haired boy who looked anything but amused.

"Rhymes that keep their secrets. Will unfold behind the clouds." Dustin glared at the three from behind his box.

"Wait, did we get that verse right? It's unfold behind the clouds?" Max teased him further.

"Yeah," Dustin nodded dumbly. "But you're butchering it, so could you please stop?"

"So then join in, Dusty-bun." Lucas blew the boy a kiss.