Chapter 30

Emilia

The sound of a banging door made Emilia jolt up out of Marcello's arms and out of her bed.

Marcello just stirred a little before burying his head in her pillow, his muscular back flexing.

Gosh, he was gorgeous.

A blush made its way on her cheeks when she remembered what transpired between them two hours ago.

"Emilia it's me Noah open up," He said, worry laced in his tone.

Emilia quickly threw on her dress and ran a hand through her hair before opening the door.

Noah stood there tapping his foot anxiously against the tiled floors and his eyes held so much fear.

"Noah, what's wrong?"Emilia asked, suddenly concerned for her little brother.

Noah took a deep breath before answering, "Xavier wants to see you in his office. He was going to fetch you himself but I stopped him and told him I will get you because I assumed you and Marcello were together.

Emilia smiled."Thank you."

He nodded."No, problem but please be careful next time."When he walked away Emilia took this as her queue and made her way to Xavier's office.

When she got there she knocked on the office door.

"Come in."She heard Xavier tell her.

She quickly entered and closed the door behind her.

"So Juliana tells me you are going back to the U.K tonight."Emilia's eyes met his as she nodded.

"Is it because of your pregnancy?"He asked his eyes trailing down to her abdomen.

Emilia's brows scrunched in confusion. "How did you-"

Xavier smiled."Juliana let it slip."He replied curtly.

Emilia once again nodded."Yes, my pregnancy is the main reason I am leaving."

Xavier cleared his throat."Then simply there is no need for you to leave."He waved his hand in a dismissive way.

Emilia's heart stopped at what Xavier was saying.

If she stayed her Mother will have her head on a silver platter the first chance she got.

Emilia began furiously shaking her head."With all due respect sir, I don't think my Mom will approve."

Xavier leaned back in his chair, the smile refusing to leave his lips."Don't worry about Juliana. I'm sure I can find a way to convince her."

"Okay, but how-"

"I think you underestimate me, Emilia."

Emilia shook her head."That's definitely not it. It's just my Mothers main issue is that my pregnancy is outside of wedlock and unless I abort them or put them up for adoption she never will accept my children."

Xavier's eyes widened."Children?"

Emilia smiled."Yes, I'm having twins."

Xavier nodded a smile gracing his lips."Do you know the genders yet?"

Emilia unconsciously rubbed her bump as she replied, "Yes, I'm having identical twin boys."

"Oh, you will definitely have your hands full with two boys. I had my hands full with Marcello and Gabriel and they were a few years apart and the days I saw Noah from what I remember he was not easy either."Xavier's eyes sparkled when he mentioned his sons.

The man sure knew how to put on an act.

If Emilia didn't hear how he truly was from Marcello and her brother,  Noah she would have truly believed he cared for his sons immensely.

Xavier pinched the bridge of his nose."Okay, it's settled then you're staying."

Emilia nodded and then turned to leave but just when she was about to open the door Xavier called her.

"Emilia."

She turned around to face Xavier once again."Yes."

He sighed."About two weeks before the fall semester starts the family is going on a vacation to Italy  would you like to come?"

"While I would love to, I will be more heavily pregnant than especially with twins the risk for premature births is higher so I would rather stay home to be on the safe side," Emilia explained while gesturing with her hands.

Xavier nodded in understanding." I totally understand and you won't be alone giving that Gabriel and Marcello will not be going either. Marcello is scheduled to leave the day after for a business meeting in Hawaii but he said he will be back within two days and Gabriel will be attending a business meeting I have with a couple of investors but will he will stay home. All the staff will come with us to Italy but I will leave one to tend to you. If there is anything else you need please let me know."

Emilia simply nodded her head."Everything sounds good."

*******

Hi, my babies I hope all's going well with you guys.

Any thoughts on the chapter???

Please do comment them!!!!

Please vote!!!

Please Share and Follow!!!

It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Until next time

∞XOXO∞