Chapter 22

5 years ago

"It was you."Marcello yelled pointing the gun at the man he has been calling his father for years."You killed her."

The cold heartless man.

The man who was void of any emotion whatsoever.

Xavier's expression was stoic."The bitch got what was coming to her."He smirked looking Marcello in the eyes." and as for Gabriel well....he got taught a lesson he will never ever forget." He emphasized the last part.

Marcello's eyes widened."You aren't human. There is no way. How do you call yourself a father."He shouted the gun still firm in his grip as a tear made its way down his cheek.

Xavier smiled."It's because I'm your father I did what had to be done. Now stop being a child about it and put the gun down."

"You act like killing your son's wife and your grandchild as well as nearly killing your own son, your flesh and blood is something normal," Marcello said, with disgust.

Xavier clasped his hands together as a smirk played on his face."If it makes you feel any better son that bitch was going to die tonight whether she married you or Gabriel."

Marcello scrunched his eyebrows."What do you mean?"He asked confusion clearly evident in his voice.

Xavier pointed his finger at Marcello accusingly."What do I mean? What do I mean? I don't know Marcello ask yourself that."Xavier's jaw clenched as he spoke.

Marcello dropped the gun from shock.

All color drained from his face.

How did he know?

No one knew...expect Liam.

" I told you you can never escape me. I told you, you can NEVER MOVE OUT. I told you we are a family and need to stay united under the same roof. I had someone spy on you after you tried moving out one year ago when I held your mother at gunpoint. So I knew you were planning on running away with that whore Maria after you two got married. " Xavier gritted on his teeth as his fist clenched and unclenched." Just like I knew that you had taken two million dollars from the company account just like I also knew you had stocked up your car with food water and other essentials you might need. You and your brother think you can escape my grasp but here's a lesson for you little boy you and Gabriel will never ever escape me and if you try again I will kill your mother without even hesitating just like I killed Maria. Do you understand?"With that Marcello nodded his head in defeat. 

*

*

*

Marcello was awakened from the awful nightmare by the incessant sound of a phone ringing. His eyes shot open in panick and vigorously scanned his surroundings for something that could calm him like the countless times he has had this reoccurring dream.

Emilia snuggling closer to him did more than enough than calm his panicked state it made him feel at peace so much that he almost drowned the sound of the ringing phone.

He checked his night stand to see if it was his phone ringing but it wasn't so he placed it back into its original location and picked up Emilias to find out it was her mother calling and it didn't look like she was going to stop soon so with reluctance he decided to wake up Emilia.

Marcello ran his hand through her brown hair as he spoke ever so gently."Emilia, wake up your mother is calling." Emilia stirred a little and then put her hand out as a sign for him to hand her the phone. He couldn't help but laugh as he placed her phone in her hands.

Her eyes weren't even a bit open and she was still snuggled up against his chest as she swiped the phone and muffled a quick hello.

Her Mom gave an exaggerated sigh."Finally you decided to pick up the phone after hours of me trying to reach you. I felt like I grew 10 years, Emilia. Where are you?"

"I was out."Emilia replied nonchalantly.

Juliana gasped dramatically."Out where?"

Emilia sighed."Must you put your nose in everything. I am 21 due to be 22 soon, so that means I don't have to share anything with you just like you never share anything with me plain and simple mother."

Juliana rolled her eyes."Quit speaking rubbish I share everything with you."

Emilia chucked sarcatically."Noah left am I correct?"

"No, well yes but no he's coming back today because he finished all his paperwork to transfer colleges."Juliana replied nervously.

Emilia snorted."Oh please it took him two months to transfer colleges, find a more believable lie mother."

"Thatttt is the truth,"Juliana stuttered as she spoke.

"Okay, mother I will be their around 1:00pm,"Emilia told her and closed the phone.

She huffed a deep breath.

"Whats wrong?"Marcello asked ever so gently.

She took a deep breathe and then opened her eyes to find a pair of beautiful grey blue eyes staring back at her.

"What isn't wrong?"