Chapter 31

Emilia

After her talk with Xavier, Emilia made her way back to her room to find Marcello still sprawled on her bed, fast asleep.

Though there was one difference she noted and that was his head buried in her pillow.

She couldn't help the smile that made its way on her lips.

She loved this man with every fiber of her bones but he had to get off of her side of the bed so she can get some sleep.

"Marcello, "She called him will running her hand through his jet black hair.

He groaned and stirred a little but still remained asleep. 

"Marcello," She tried once again but he wouldn't budge, so she decided to take a shower in hope of when she returns he will be up.

She kneeled over, a little and placed a kiss on his cheek, and then turned to walk in the direction of her vanity but was abruptly stopped by a hand clasping her wrist.

She turned to find Marcello's beautiful blue eyes staring back at her.

"Where were you?"He asked, his voice deep and husky making her stomach erupt in butterflies.

"I had a talk with your father." She told him quite frankly.

She could feel him tense and his breathe becoming more ragged.

"What did he want?"He grumbled.

Emilia ran her palm against his cheek to calm him before answering." He told me to stay here and that he would handle my mother. How? That I don't know but just like they have agreed on things in the past I'm sure my situation will be no different."

Marcello's furrowed his eyebrows."What do you mean when you said they have agreed on things in the past."

Emilia sighed."Long story short my Mom and your Dad's relationship hadn't begun when we thought it did. It actually began 18 years ago. Yes, that means my Mom cheated on my father and yes that means she lied to us about the reason which makes sense as to why Maria and my father have mysteriously appeared off of the face of the earth. Oh, and Noah is your half brother."

Marcello shot up when he heard the last part."Pardon? Did I hear you correctly?"

Emilia nodded with a mocking smile on her face."Yes, you did, my love."

Marcello sat there dazed before he spoke, "I don't know how I didn't notice. Usually, I am great at spotting things like this." They sat there in silence for a good bit before she saw a smile play on his lips." He looks like Gabe and me."

Emilia nodded a smile also making its way on her lips.

"How's he holding up?"Marcello asked, his tone remorseful.

"Surprisingly, okay but then again it's typical Noah always very strong and never lets anything shake him." 

She was honestly proud of her brother. 

Most people would have let such a secret demolish them.

Emilia noticed Marcello was staring at her then back down at the sheet that was covering him as if debating with himself on whether or not to ask her a question.

Emilia took two steps forward and then sat in his lap.

She wrapped her arms around his neck before speaking, "What's wrong?"

"Do you want to stay here if not I can always find a way for you to leave?"He rambled his eyes not meeting hers once.

Emilia smiled." I want to stay here."

Marcellos eyes met hers."But why? In my penthouse, you will have your own space and you can call your own shots. "

Emilia rolled her eyes."Yes, but you won't be there all the time. You will visit every once in a while and miss the growth of the boys besides the main point, of course..........and that is I will miss you." She blushed while saying the last part.

Marcello smiled like a Cheshire cat."Really now?"He asked while quirking his eyebrows.

Emilia nodded hiding her face in the crook of his neck.

He chuckled at her reaction."How much would you miss me?"

She playfully hit his chest."Marcello."

He kissed her hair and hugged her tightly before murmuring."I would have missed you too."

*********

Hi, my babies I hope all's going well with you guys.

Any thoughts on the chapter???

Please do comment them!!!!

Please vote!!!

Please Share and Follow!!!

It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks for all your support!!!!

Until next time

∞XOXO∞