Chapter 38

Emilia

"How about we get married next week?"He asked nonchalantly.

Emilia's eyes nearly gauged out of the sockets.

Did he say next week?

Her heart started beating erratically.

She sat up abruptly and placed the book down on the page she last was looking at." I mean we can take our time there's no rush," She spoke calmly even though deep inside she so badly wanted to attack him with kisses and scream yes.

Marcello looked down a hint of sadness in his deep blue eyes."So that's a no. I knew this was a bad idea, forget I asked."He told her and then stood up.

Emilia got up."Marcello, that's no-"

"No, it's okay Emilia you aren't fully ready and I understand."He ran a hand through his jet-black hair before turning his back to her.

Emilia's heart clenched at the sight of him upset.

"Marcello, "She called him in a calming tone."Marcello, please look at me." He reluctantly turned around but made no effort to look her in the eyes.

She placed her hand on his cheek." I would love to get married to you next week." Marcello's eyes finally met hers and they held so much vulnerability within them that she wanted to hug him and never ever let go.

He shook his head."Emilia you don't have to say yes because-"

She readily interrupted him because she didn't want his brain to wander to an awful conclusion." I'm saying yes because I want to marry you and even if you told me to let's get married tomorrow I would still respond with yes because I love you and the thought of living without you is gut-wrenching. I was just scared you weren't ready given....... uh given..... your past." She choked out the last part before bringing her gaze to the wooden floor.

Marcello placed two of his fingers on her chin and slightly and with the utmost gentle force rose her chin so her eyes can meet his. "The minute I proposed to you was that same minute I wanted to marry you Emilia and nothing and no one will change that." A smile graced Emilias lips at his confession and then she couldn't help her self she hugged him as best as she could since her bump wouldn't allow her a full-on hug.

After what seemed like a few seconds but was a mere five minutes Marcello pulled back and checked his watch.

He groaned."I need to go baby." She frowned but nodded in understanding.

She was being clingy and she hated it.

Maybe it was the pregnancy or maybe it was because she has never felt so complete just from a mere gaze of this man.

It's like she was missing something she never knew she needed.

"So next week then?"Marcello asked, his ocean blue eyes dancing with mirth.

She nodded."Yes, next week."

His beautiful eyes met hers."I love Emilia."

"I love you too, now go before your late."

***

Emilia had just had her dinner and was freshly showered when she finally decided to retire for the evening.

She was exhausted as per usual due to her pregnancy but tonight she was dreading sleeping because she couldn't be in Marcello's warm embrace and basking in his scent.

She groaned as she made contact with her firm mattress.

She missed him dearly and she didn't want to call him because he could be attending to an important matter.

That was beside the fact she hated coming off as clingy.

She decided not to put that much thought into it as she tugged the duvet over her body and placed her head on the pillow but as soon as her nose took a whiff of her pillow the babies began both kicking.

Emilia brought her hand to her bump and rubbed it in a soothing motion."You boys miss him too don't you?"As soon as she finished speaking they began kicking again.

'Maybe if we slept in Marcello's room tonight they will calm down a little.' She thought as she got up and began making her way to his room.

With that thought, she made her way to Marcello's room.

Once Emilia got there she walked over to his bed and gently undid the neatly tucked duvet before laying down.

This time once she laid her head on the pillow and her nose took a whiff of it the boys both stopped kicking ever so rapidly.

A smile graced Emilia's lips at this as she rubbed her bump.

The boys were already attached to their father and they weren't even born yet.
*
*
*

I know, I know it's been forever but trust me when I tell you guys it's not because I am lazy but it's because college is super stressful for me and on top of that a lot of crap has been going on in my life that made me want to give up writing. Luckily for you guys I'm getting my drive back to continue writing and I'm sorry to those loyal readers who have been waiting patiently for an update and it's to those loyal readers I promise this book is gonna be finished by the end of July. It has a couple chapters to go and it will be completed so no worries!!

Thank you, guys for your time and patience and hopefully I will be seeing your  comments on this chapter and the chapters to come and maybe if I really spark your guys interest I will see you guys voting and commenting on my other books!

Until next time, my babies