Chapter 36

Marcello

"How did they survive more importantly how did it get past Xavier?"Marcello asked, his tone held fear within it.

Marcello has been wanting to ask this question ever since Maria returned but he never once got the opportunity to.

Gabriel sighed."When Benjamin basically got thrown out of his kid's life because of Xavier. He began plotting his revenge against him and the only way to fully put his plan to motion is through money and influence. So all those years he was away from his kids he was building himself a name and it wasn't until approximately 5 years ago when he began fully putting his plan to motion and one of the segments was having someone watch him and everyone around him. Maria was one of those people he was watching and once the accident happened and she was brought to the hospital he had one of his men replace her with a dead body that looked like hers. "

He was shocked, to say the least.

It took Marcello a while to speak again because he couldn't believe someone got this far in a plan to take Xavier down and he hasn't had their head yet.

How was this possible?

Xavier always caught onto everything and if you thought you were a step or two ahead he would be 10 steps ahead of you.

Marcello's blue eyes met Gabriel's green ones before he asked, "What now?"

Gabriel ran a hand through his hair."Right now they are working together to put him in jail and I am working with them for the sake of my daughter's future. My friend Johnathan is the chief of police in NYPD now and he will aid us in keeping him locked up for life or let him get death row. I mean that's the least that son of a bitch deserves for all the lives he has taken."His eyes held so much determination.

But Marcello couldn't help but feel this was too good to be true.

It can't be this easy. If it was then many people would have thrown him in jail a long time ago.

Heck, he would have thrown him in jail a long ass time ago.

Marcello shook his head and stood up."How, when there is not a single piece of evidence proving anything he has done illegally."

He had to understand every piece of the plan. He couldn't go around taking chances like before now he had a lot more to lose.

Gabriel smiled."That's where you are wrong. So far we have video and recorded evidence of the conversation that took place between you two 5 years ago where he admitted to causing an accident to harm two people me and Maria and he threatened our mother that's three offenses so far. We also have a recording of him threatening Maria's father Ryan after she went back to school and all her privileges were returned and we have the footage from Maria's dorm in which he held her at gunpoint and threatened her to marry you."

It seemed like they had enough evidence to keep him locked up for a couple of years but that wasn't enough.

There had to be something more incriminating.

Then three threats and an accident.

Then it hit him.

The explosions at Edwards Corp.

Marcello began pacing back and forth as he spoke, "That's not enough to get him on death row. We need to try and find evidence tieing him to the two factory explosions that happened at Edwards Corp as a way to keep Ryan in line. In those explosions, thousands of people's lives were lost and millions of dollars were at stake due to property damage. If we could prove all these threats placed on Maria and her father and the losses at the factory as well as the accident that happened with you two which Xavier was clearly the cause of that's when he have ourself a case so strong Xavier can't get himself out of jail by paying off someone to make it go away and I know exactly where to start. "

Gabriel furrowed his brows."Where?"

Marcello smirked."You remember Hernadez Xaviers right-hand man well he has a son who I found out a short while ago about he just so happens to work as an electrical engineer. If I'm being honest with you there is no way Hernadez didn't involve his son in this because none of Xaviers men know anything about the field and Xavier never brings anyone from outside his trusted circle to do his dirty work. We need to take advantage of the two weeks Xavier's gone to gather the evidence needed to tie him to the explosions"

Gabriel smiled and rubbed his hands together "Brother your attention to detail is greatly impressive."
*****

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Any thoughts???

Please do comment, them!!!!

Please vote!!!

Please Share and Follow!!!

It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks for all your support!!!!

Until next time

∞XOXO∞