Well then...

Some Dialogue isn't mine! It's from the Rengoku Gaiden by Gotogue :)****

4 years later** (Kana is 14)

"It's been a half a year, my adorable swordsman. How have you all been doing?" Oyakata-sama said with a soft smile.

"Fine, but your health is most important of all Oyakata-sama." Sanemi spoke

He nodded and continued "Forgive me for this, but i will have to ask you for more requests in due time. I want you to all support eachother and strive to achieve your duties more than ever before."

Sanemi followed the master with "Understood. By the way Oyakata-sama, why is there a non-pillar swordsman here? What happened to the flame pillar Rengoku Shinjuro-dono? Or stand in pillar Gengi-dono?"

Silence fell until the boy spoke up "Father is..." but he was quickly cut off by Sanemi who said "Hey. Are you really fit to be a pillar stand-in?"

The boys expression changed flowing from shock to adoration within seconds, almost as if Sanemi's sudden outburst was something to envy.

The master spoke "Sanemi, don't pick on him too much. I called Kyojuro-san over so he can explain what happened. You must all be worried about Shinjuro. Can you tell us how he's doing in his home?" The boys face melted into a concerned expression as he spoke "I have no positive proof for this, but ever since my mother Ruka passed away Shinjuro has lost all his will to fight. He has started drinking while on duty, and he has currently shut himself in his room. He also can no longer abstain from alcohol prior to missions."

Gyomei spoke up saying "Ohh, what a pity... Shinjuro-dono has served the pillars for a long time... but we're all in a position where we must stand together..."

Tengen followed with "He's also setting a bad example for our fighters. It's plainly affecting our morale. I suggest a flamboyant retirement."

Shinobu, Giyu, and Sabito all remained silent.

Sanemi cut in with "We don't have enough pillars. But a drunkard won't be of any use to Oyakata-sama either, so what do we do? With the retirement of Ozai Gengi, Shinjuro-dono's territory will be in ruin. Kana is already stretched thin enough and the rest of us don't have the agility to take on more than one territory."

Kyojuro's face lit up as he interjected "That won't be an issue! If I become the flame pillar, then i'm sure my father will regain his motivation!" the boy startled the pillars with his loud booming voice, and earned a laugh from Tengen.

Sanemi turned with a chaotic grin on his face saying "Wow Rengoku Kyojuro, being a pillar isn't as sweet as you're recklessly proclaiming it to be."

Gyomei turned to him and said "Shinazugawa, please she won't be happy if she hears of this."

Sanemi turned his back to him and said "Himejima-san please, and forgive me Oyakata-sama."

Rengoku spoke up saying "Of course I know the promotional requirements of being a 'pillar'!"
"Then show me your skills bitch!" Shinazugawa yelled as he kicked the boy in the head. Gyomei yelled "Shinazugawa, that is enough!" but Sanemi didn't listen

He continued to attack the boy as he screamed "We have open pillar seats here. When are you coming? When will you sit here! Get right fucking to it, you fucking dumbass!" Sanemi continued his onslaught as Kyojuro blocked his attacks. Sanemi continued his screaming but he was stopped. Before his foot could meet Kyojuro's face his leg was halted. A look for fear crossed his eyes as they met her crimson ones. Kana's head tilted up as her long black hair that cascaded into crimson revealed her face. A smile was all that could be seen, but in this moment Sanemi knew. He fucked up. "Sorry I'm late master. Though it seems to me I got here right on time." Sanemi regained his composure and continued with his screaming "You need her to defend you! Fight back!"