The Hashira Meeting

"Welcome my beloved children. I hope you've all been well. I'm glad to see all of the same faces here once again." Oyakata-sama said. All 11 Hashira had gathered for the semi-annual Hashira meeting. It was late at night so the meeting had moved indoors. The Hashira sat opposite their master as they awaited his instruction.

"It's a pleasure to see you again master. We all pray for your continued health and fortune." Myira Reno, the mist Hashira spoke.

"Thank you Myira. I've called you all here for your territory and partner assignment. It is once again time to redraw territories and reassign partners."

"Of course master, whatever you wish." Mitsuri spoke.

"Lovely, Giyu and Shinobu will be working together. Myira and Gyomei will be working together. Sanemi and Tengen will be working together." Kana sweat dropped. She had been working with Tengen, who would her new partner be? "Mitsuri and Obanai will be working together. Kana and Kyojuro will be working together. Sabito will work as an independent." Kana's face dropped, she quickly spoke up in protest.

"Master, pardon me, if a Hashira must work alone don't you think it would be best if I take on that position?" Kana spoke.

"I considered that but the territory I have assigned to Sabito is dominated by water. You would be much out of your element, I believe the choice I have made is the right fit." Kana stifled her complaints and nodded. "Of course master."

The meeting continued but Kana's mind was elsewhere. How would she be able to do her job with the constant distraction of Kyojuro Rengoku. She half expected this as she had always worked with the flame Hashira's of the past but that didn't mean she was prepared for it. "Kana..." the master spoke.

"Oh.. yes master? My apologies I was a bit lost in thought." Kana said in an apologetic tone.

"What do you think of the upper moon's power? Are they beatable by anyone here's means?" The master asked calmly.

"No master. Alone nobody here could take on an upper moon. Myself and Himejima-San may be able to take on number six alone but any higher would be unfeasible in our current condition." Kana said trying to make it sound as light hearted as possible.

"I want to entrust you with determining the range of strength for the upper moons Kana. As well as finding a way to eradicate them." The master said.

"If that is what you wish master I will see it done." Kana said quickly. She now had two things to worry about. She had first hand had her ass kicked by an upper moon and barely survived. To be honest she was nervous.

"Now onto territories. Giyu you will be between the ninth and tenth lines. Sabito thirteenth and fifteenth. Shinobu twelfth and eleventh. Kyojuro, first and second. Kana third and eighth. Tengen sixteenth and seventeenth. Sanemi eighteenth and twentieth. Myira twenty first and twenty fifth. Mitsuri twenty sixth to twenty seventh. Obanai twenty eighth to thirtieth. Gyomei the rest falls to you." The master said making sure everyone knew their positions. "Are there any questions, my children?"

"No master, I believe everyone here has been given the answers needed!" Kyojuro said rather loudly.

"Then our business has concluded, I wish you all luck and pray for your health and safety."

"Thank you master." Kana said as she got up to leave.

"You're so screwed." Tengen said as the two exited the room. "Shut up, I am more than able to..."

"Kana!" Kana's face turned bright red and she did a full 180 coming face to face with the flame Hashira.

"Kyojuro, what can I do for you?" Kana said quickly regaining her composure.

"I was going to go get something to eat, I wanted to ask you to join me! We are partners now after all!" He said with a smile bright enough to blind someone.

"Oh! Um yeah of course! I can go to dinner! I can do that! 100 percent! Of course!" Kana was then smacked by Tengen who was sick of her rambling. "You'll pay for that tramp stamp." Kana said with a scary smile. Tengen shivered as she shoved past him, Kyojuro following closely behind.

~~~~~~~~

"It's just amazing how one technique allows you to cover so much land!" Kyojuro said as he finished off his ninth sweet potato.

"Yes well I tried to develop a technique for everything, sadly I could only develop fourteen." Kana said with a smile as she cocked her head to the side.

"It's just crazy how powerful you are at such a young age. Have you been training your whole life?" He said questioningly.

"Since I was five. I was an odd child and I feel like that helped me a lot. I was very sheltered, I didn't even know what friends were. I was desensitized to a lot of things that hold others back." Kana said with a laugh.

"I see! You have a remarkable story!"

"Well having witnessed a bit of your story I'm sure it's equally as thrilling." Kana said. "I'd love to hear it sometime!"

"If I may, how do you know my father? He seemed to know you quite well." Kyojuro asked.

"He was my mission partner when I first became a Hashira. He was afraid of me because he didn't think I had emotions."

"Why was that?"

"I do seem rather emotionless in most battles. It's due to the masking of my fighting spirt and Murderous intent. A few years back I was almost killed by a demon who could sense fighting spirt in their opponents. So I did what any reasonable person would and got rid of it." Kana said rather nonchalantly.

"You just got rid of it?"

"Yep. Tossed it in the trash. No more fighting spirt."

"Just like that?"

"Just like that."

"Wow. I admire your dedication." He said enthusiastically.

"You don't find it creepy? Most find it a little creepy." Kana said, she was a bit shocked.

"Nope, your moral resolve is absolutely outstanding. I'm throughly impressed with your capabilities!"

"Oh well thank you! Personally I believe you're more capable than me though. I've seen you fight, your power is something to behold. You have potential to become the strongest of all of us!" Kana said with a sort of contagious positive energy.

"Do you mean that?" Kyojuro said. He wasn't used to the faith she put it him. It was refreshing.

"Of course! Why would I say something I don't mean? Come on it's getting late. My dogs will hunt me down if I'm not home soon." Kana said with a giggle.

"I didn't know you had pets." Kyojuro replied

"I don't I was referring to Giyu and Sabito." Kana said with a loud laugh.

~~~~~~~

Sorry this chapter was kinda short but upcoming chapters will be longer I promise :)

Also sorry about cover art! I am getting really lazy with trying to find pictures so now it's just going I be memes and any art I do in the future!