Countdown to First Light

"Kana, you're a special child. You have a destiny. A great destiny." Ember spoke

"I'm invested in your future Kana." The master followed.

"You'll do great things!" Korra said.

"You were the light in my darkness." Ozai's voice echoed.

Thoughts rushed as Kana moved to her final battle as a demon slayer. She was determined. She wanted to win. The clock ticked. The real countdown. The countdown to a cold wind.

All she'd done was to prepare her for today. Her life had led here. She was ready. She'd seen how this fight would end. She only needed to play her part.

Tick tick tick

"So you've finally arrived, Kana Asiguri."

Kana froze.

"I've been waiting for you."

He was out.

"3 down 9 to go."

Kana's heart sank. Three? Which three?

"I'm going to kill everyone you love. Then I'll kill you. You'll pay the price for her. You'll pay the price for it all." Muzan's said, his sanity was withering.

"You'll die today Kana Asiguri!"

"I don't think so." Obanai said as he planned his word into Muzan's side.

"You were dead." Muzan said confusedly.

"Kana are you alright." The sole voice echoed as her eye met the ones belonging to the one person she loved the very most.

"Yes, I'm fine now." She said with a smile. She meant it. Now she was at peace. She could do what she needed. She could finish what was started so long ago. She could end all demons.

~~~~~~~

While Ember was under Muzan's control she never left his side. She was his personal confidante. She followed him, tended to him. To the naked eye it seemed odd. But the two were never apart. For this seal of eternity, Muzan loved her.

When Yorichii freed herself and Lady Tamayo, the two ran together.

When they went their separate ways, Ember met Kana's father. The two had Kana and her older brother, Kichi.

Kichi died of illness at the age of 7. Kana's mother was broken over it. She never spent time around Kana after that. Kana was kept out of the sun due to her mother's fear. Kept away from everything.

Eventually Muzan found her Mother, but didn't kill her. He absorbed her. As she lost her freedom all she said was "She'll stop you. My Kana, she's going to stop you!"

"Now my love will be enteral. We will be together forever. My Ember."

~~~~~~~~

"Nakime!" Muzan yelled as he began to kill Nakime.

The fortress began to collapse. Kana grabbed on to Kyojuro and the world began to crumble.

Tick tick tick

"I love you so much." She said. "Please never forget."

"I love you too, and I always will."

The demon slayers were spat out in the city and Kana was awoken Violently by Inosuke.

"Master wake up!" He screamed.

Kana shot up and laid eyes on Tanjiro. He was fighting alone.

"Master help him!" Inosuke said as he clawed at their arm.

In a flash Kana was gone. She'd taken Tanjiro. He was now with Inosuke.

The other Hashira were all weaker but not dead yet. Kana was grateful. She stood in front of Muzan.

Tick tick tick

It was time for the end.

"The gift of foresight is a heavy burden to bear."

I understand now master. I'm ready for my fate. I've done what I needed to do.

"Scorch Breathing, Fifteenth Form: Demon Soul Takeover, Ember Blaze."

I never understood what you meant when you said you were invested in my future. I get it now. This. You've know all along.

"Ember Blaze Demon Art"

Oh how I wish there was more time. But I kept my promise to Senjuro. I protected his brother until my very last moment. What will the end be like? I hate to say to but I'm afraid.

"Retribution."

A snap could be heard. The rope, the clock. Everything was set off.

See the countdown was not only for Muzan, but for Kana too. The sacrifice play is never easy, but it was made. A life for a life, so to say.

Both beings collapsed. Muzan's began to burn to ash. Kana herself was moments away from death. She'd done her part. Now it was time for the next generation to win. She was...

"KANA!" The voice that grounded her screamed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~