The Festival of Lights pt.2

"For the love of god!" Kana yelled when she noticed her restraints. "Would one of you come let me out!"

"Um Lady Kocho! She's awake!" A little girl in the hallway said.

"Kana, you're awake that was a lot faster than I expected." Shinobu said as she entered the room.

"What are these, my nose itches and I can't scratch it." She said while trying to pull herself free.

"It was a safety precaution, you weren't exactly yourself. We didn't know what you'd be when you woke up." Shinobu said. "Do you remember anything?"

"No I don't." She lied, she remembered everything. She was sitting in the passenger seat while the monster drove. She saw it all.

"Well you brutally tortured a demon and then we're bitten into unconsciousness by your bird. You've been here about 2 hours now." Shinobu said.

"I didn't hurt anybody right?" Kana asked, she knew the answer but she wanted to be sure.

"Nope, nobody but that demon." Shinobu said with a smile.

"Can you let me out, I need to go find Kyojuro." Kana said.

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Shinobu asked.

"Yes I'll be fine, I'm not in danger so there's no reason for me to be in that state." Kana said

Shinobu nodded and unlocked her restraints. Kana gave her a grateful smile and left to go find Kyojuro. However she had some trouble given that her neck was damaged and she was drained from using her fifteenth form.

Kana found Kyojuro eventually, he was injured as well so he wasn't far.

"Are you awake?" She said as she stumbled through the door. Her legs were one step away from giving out.

"I'm awake, I didn't think you would be so soon though." He said giving her a smile.

"Are you okay?" She asked still clinging to the doorway.

"Some cuts and a broken rib but other than.."

"That's not what I meant." She interrupted.

"Oh, um, yeah I think I'm okay. To be honest it isn't all there. I hit my head pretty hard when I fell. Iroh is the only one who remembers anything. Also did you know he was a shapeshifter? I didn't know that. It was quite shocking." He said.

"I'm relived you're alright, from what I've heard I wasn't exactly a sight to see. But as for Iroh, he's a circumstance I was aware of. It simply wasn't my secret to tell." Kana said with a smile. She was shaking from the relief that he couldn't remember, because she could and she was terrified.

"Come sit with me." He said motioning for the space next to him.

Kana stumbled over next to him and sat down on the bed. Her neck was covered in bandages, as it had been mangled when Iroh bit her. Luckily all of the fatal damage had healed. Kyojuro had a large cut on his leg that prevented him from moving, otherwise he might pull the stitches.

"How's your neck?" He asked.

"It hurts a lot but at least I'm not dead." Kana said with a large smile. She scratched the back of her neck and let out a small laugh.

"You really suck a secrets, what're you hiding?" He asked plainly.

Kana's face curled in shock and she let out a sigh. "What was my tell?" She asked.

"You did that thing where you scratch your neck. Now spill, what's the secret?"

"I remember what I did, I remember the whole thing like I was watching a scene play out in front of me but I had not control over my actions." Kana said. "That's my secret, but it does you no good since you can't remember."