Welcome Back to Jericho pt:4 (Four Part Special)

Akira and Misumi ran but were stopped by a figure standing in front of the entrance to the building.

"Now now... it's cowardly to run from an enemy. I am Akaza." The demon said.

"Misumi, stay behind me." Akira said

"No I can fight too!" Misumi said.

"I don't like killing women but cowards like you deserve to die." Akaza said sternly.

Misumi trembled at the intense aura. Akira stood tall and strong.

"If we're cowards then what are you?" Akira said.

"Your undoing." Akaza replied simply.

Akira pointed her sword at the demons neck and gave him a sly smile. "Or maybe we'll be yours." She said.

The demon laughed and in a flash was inches in front of Akira. She didn't waver.

"I was wrong about you." He said. Akira's eyes widened as he charged for Misumi.

"Misumi no!" Akira yelled as she lunged in front of her.

"Destructive Death, Annihilation Type."

His arm pierced Akira's vital point.

Akira looked at Misumi and fell the the ground, Akaza's arm sliding out of her back.

"Akira.." Misumi said. She starred at her sisters body. She was barely breathing.

"AKIRA!" Kana yelled from the door. This got Akaza's attention. He wanted to kill Kana right then and there but his time was cut short. The sun was rising.

He grunted but turned to flee.

Kana could do nothing but watch as she had exerted herself far too much. She felt weaker than usual.

Misumi held Akira's almost lifeless body with tears streaming down her face. "Kana... she's" Misumi said choking on her tears.

Kana's eyes filled with horror as she collapsed to the ground. Kana couldn't breath as she listened to the shrieks Misumi let out.

"Miusmi, Kana..." Akira said weakly.

Kana's eyes snapped to Akira.

"I love you too." Akira's eyes closed and she went limp.

Sanemi and Kyojuro emerged from the building both in shock at the sight before them. Kana couldn't move, her eyes were locked on Akira.

Misumi held her corpse and sobbed. Her screams played like melodies in Kana's ears.

"Kana the winds. They're all gone." Misumi said. Kana was being pulled into the earth. Tears streamed down her face. She couldn't move, she felt somebody pick her up as the world around her melted into shadows.

Kyojuro picked Misumi off of Akira and held her as Sanemi walked Kana away from them.

Sanemi set Kana down on a dock and she began to scream. Her tears melted in with the ocean and her shrieks of pain washed away with the waves. She held her stomach and weight crushed her lungs. She'd never experienced grief like this, it was overwhelming a exhausting.

Sanemi could only watch but was soon tapped on the shoulder by Kyojuro who had Misumi asleep on his back. He signaled for him to take her and Sanemi did.

He sat behind Kana and grabbed her quickly. She melted into him and continued her screaming. He sat there and listened all while pushing away his own grief.

"Breathe Kana..." he said in her ear.

~~~~~~~~~~

A funeral was held for Akira and the winds, Kana barely ate or spoke. Misumi trained harder and over worked herself to her limits.

"I'm going to join Tanjiro. He's currently heading out of the city." Misumi said to Kana. She was starring at her mother's beloved lake where she had seven new people to mourn.

"Alright, be careful Misumi." Kana said weakly.

"Please take care of yourself Kana. That's what she would've wanted." Misumi said. "It's what they all would've wanted.

Kana nodded and picked herself up. After all, loss was a regular occurrence in the life of a demon slayer. She had to move on.

She had another demon to add to the list of demons she would kill. At this point her hit list was growing. She had no time to stop.

"Tell Tanjiro to be careful too." Kana said as she pulled Misumi in to hug her.

"I will.." Misumi said.

"It wasn't your fault Misumi. Now go save the world." Kana said with a smile.

Both of them blamed themselves, it was an unspoken understanding.

Misumi nodded and made her way back to the house.

Kana turned to face the lake and tears began to fall, her need for vengeance ate away at her soul. A strong wind blew for her, soon the winds would be avenged, her mother would be avenged, Akira would be avenged.

She would make sure of it.

~~~~~~~~~~

And thus concludes our 4 part special...

I made a tik tok about this chapter cause it made me sad.
~~~~~~~~~

The amount of thought I put into the new book is frightening. I LOVE YOU ALL!

 I LOVE YOU ALL!