The Snake Demon

"Kana, it's wonderful to see you again." The master said.

"You as well master, why have I been summoned here?" Kana asked

"I have somebody I'd like you to train, due to her extensive potential I want you to train her personally. Her name is Akria Kawa. I believe she will do well if properly trained." The master said. He knew Kana had recently finished training Misumi and wished for this new girl to succeed. Misumi would return in 3 days time from final selection.

"I will evaluate her to see if she will be able to learn one of my breaths. If I deem her fit I will train her master." Kana said, she wasn't going to loan her time or the title of tsguko to anyone she hadn't seen in action.

"That is fair enough, thank you for hearing my request." The master answered

"Of course master." Kana said with a nod.

~~~~~~~~

Kana decided for her evaluation of Akira she would take her on a mission to hunt a potential kizuki. Kana knew it couldn't be any more than a lower moon so she wasn't concerned with safety. She ate lower moons for breakfast. This would be the perfect field to test a prospective tsguko.

Kana arrived in the marsh town of Omatsu and found herself sitting on a roof. Night was falling, the demon would appear soon.

"Excuse me miss? I'm Akira Kawa, are you Lady Asiguri?" A girl with black hair and beautiful green eyes tapped Kana on the shoulder.

"That would be me. I'm Kana Asiguri, Scorch Hashira of the Corps. Care to share exactly why the master has such high hopes for you?" Kana asked, she was on edge waiting for Misumi and Tanjiro's safe return and this girl was getting the projection.

"Um, yes well. I saved his life." She said

"I'm sorry you save the master's life?" Kana asked

"Yes he was almost eaten by a mountain lion so I kind of just grabbed him and ran away."

"You outran a mountain lion?" Kana said in shock.

"I've always been fast, my dad was a hunter in the mountains so speed was a requirement." The girl said with a smile.

"I see, what breath are you currently using?" Kana asked

"Breath of wind, I was taught by the cultivator in the southern territory, Kulvira-sensei." She responded

"I'm familiar, he was a friend of my mother's." Kana said quickly with a snap.

"I'm sorry have I done something to make you angry, because if so I'm more then happy to fight it out with you." The girl said plainly.

Kana gave her a slight laugh and said "Fight me? Dearie this isn't your standard slayer."

"I'm aware, I didn't say I'd win but your hostility is noticeable. Maybe a few punches will help. That's what I do." The girl said smacking her chest.

"I see, my apologies for my hostility, my little sister and another student of mine are at final selection right now. I'm a little on edge." Kana said apologetically

"So you don't wanna fight me?" The girl said.

"No dearie, I don't know my own strength sometimes. Don't wanna accidentally kill you." Kana said

"Damn I was really looking forward to that. Fighting you would be a highlight of my life." Akira said.

"You like to fight?" Kana asked

"Love it" the girl said happily.

"Great cause we're here to kill a demon, and from what I sense it's a strong one. It's nearby dearie. Let's get moving."