The Redlight District pt:1

"You should take a break." Kyojuro said lightly.

"I don't have time to stop." Kana replied quickly.

"Or you're trying to keep yourself distracted. If you continue like this you'll burn out." He said with genuine concern.

He was right, Kana had been working herself like a dog for the past 4 months with training Inosuke, retaking up day to day operations in her territory, and her private mission from the master Kana barely had time to breathe. Not to mention Misumi still being unable to awaken. However despite this Kana was once again off on yet another mission with Inosuke.

"I'll be fine. I did more than this at 10 years old." Kana said in a matter of fact tone.

"That's not the point..." Kyojuro said under his breath.

"Ready to go Inosuke?" Kana asked as the boy approached her.

"Yeah I'm ready why else would I be here!" Inosuke said standoffishly.

"Listen I'll be fine fire starter. Don't worry about me. I'll see you when I get back." Kana said. She gave him a quick kiss and a small grab on the nose.

"Alright I love you." He said shyly.

"And I you." Kana replied.

"Ew! Barf! Go somewhere else!" Inosuke yelled.

"Shut up." Kana said quickly while she ushered him away.

"You can smoochie smoochie with captain eyebrows in front of me! That's disgusting!" Inosuke yelled even louder than the last time.

~~~~~~~~~

The mission had been successful and Kana was a bit worn. Unluckily for her, there was an incident happening at the gates to the butterfly estate.

"Do you think I'd let you hit me with your snotty headbutt?" Tengen said while perched up on the roof. Kana sighed and took a seat, she was a little too tired to deal with his bullshit right now.

"Let go of Aoi and Naho you kidnapper!" Tanjiro yelled.

"Are you talking to me! I'm your superior officer! I'm a Hashira you jerk!" Tengen yelled in rebuttal.

"I don't recognize you as a Hashira!" Tanjiro yelled back with matching intensity. "Hmph."

"Hmph! Don't Hmph me! So what if you don't recognize me! You're just an underling! Has your brain exploded?" Tengen said in frantic anger. "I need a corps member for a mission so I'm taking her! She isn't a tsguko so I don't need Kocho's permission."

"Naho isn't a corps member!" One of the littles yelled.

"The I don't need her." Tengen said as he hurled the girl off the roof.

"What're you doing you brute?" Tanjiro asked as he caught Naho.

"For now I'm taking her on a mission.."

"That's enough Tengen." Kana said as she drudged across the roof. "Honestly you big lug of you needed help from a corps member on a mission it's not the hard to ask. Put the girl down, don't make me take her from you." Kana's tired and dangerous aura could kill butterflies.

"Fine." Tengen said as he dropped Aoi too. "So you're going im assuming?" Tengen said shortly.

"Yes I'll accompany you." Kana said, she fell back and laid down on the roof again.

"I'll go to!" Tanjiro yelled. He could see Kana was tired, he knew she wasn't taking care of herself and he wanted to make sure she'd be alright.

"You have to get clearance Kamado." Kana said slowly.