The Infinity Train Pt: Akaza

}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

The blissfully unaware Kana laid still on Tanjiro's lap while Kyojuro stood to face his new opponent. In an instant the demon landed about 10 feet away from the Slayers.

"Well aren't I in luck? The master's most wanted all in one place. How fortunate, and you! Such refined battle spirit! So close to supreme territory. You must be a Hashira." A demon said through a veil of dust.

"I am the Flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku." The man said slowly.

"I am Akaza. Let me tell you why your power will never truly reach perfection. It's because you're human. Because you age. Because you'll eventually die. Become a demon Kyojuro, if you do... you can train for hundreds of years and keep getting stronger." The demon replied. His words were concise and laced with venom. His aura was second to none of the demons Kyojuro had fought.

Tanjiro stood to draw his sword but was halted by an arm being placed in front of him. "Watch Kana. Make sure she doesn't move." He said swiftly. His eyes then turned to Akaza. "It would seem we have different values. Growing old and dying is what gives meaning and beauty to the fleeting span of human life. It's precisely because we grow old and because we die that our lives have value and nobility. Strength is not a word that means much in regards to flesh. I'll say it again. You and I have different moral values. I have many reasons for not becoming a demon, I have given you one."

"I see..." the demon said, his eyes narrowed and he took a stance in a squat position. He was preparing an attack.

"Destructive Death, Technique Development: Compass Needle."

The ground beneath the demon lit up in a haze of blue and white. A compass shape formed beneath him and he let out a small laugh. His eyes landed in Kyojuro and he sighed. "If you won't become a demon, I suppose I'll have to kill you." He said maliciously.

The demon sprung first charging headlong into Kyojuro's chest, before he could hit The Flame Hashira's blade struck with his first form. The two began to combat each other using strictly physical techniques at a pace all awake party members struggled to follow.

"Out of all the Hashira I've killed, none were ever flames. None of the accepted my purpose either. Why is that?" The demon asked and he flipped over so his head was facing the ground in mid-air. "As someone who also walks the path of a warrior I don't understand it. You cannot decide to become a demon. You must be chosen." The demon continued.

Tanjiro looked to his side, Kana was still asleep. With his examination of the fight before him he knew she'd wake up soon. The pure energy would be enough. He was desperately awaiting that time.

"But you who worked so hard to build such magnificent talent would simply let it wither away? Such a waste! It's hard for me to accept. I can't stand it! Just die Kyojuro, while you're young and strong." The demon yelled in annoyance.

From his upside down position he took and stance crossing his arms. Another Demon Art.

"Destructive Death: Air Type."

The blasts of air charged for Kyojuro at top speed but the Flame Hashira already had a counter.

"Flame Breathing, Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation."

The gears in Kyojuro's head began to turn as he worked to get closer to the demon. He needed a chance to take off his head.

The demon starred in awe. "Such amazing speed! And your wonderful sword technique. Time will steal it all. Aren't you sad?" The demon taunted.

"That's how it goes! It's normal." Kyojuro said in defiance of the absurd ramblings. "That's what it means to be human!"

Tanjiro finally began to understand the severity of the situation and reached for his blade. He however was caught before he even had the chance.