Beginnings: part 2

A drawing of Kana in her younger years like 5-8

After honing Scorch Breathing to absolute perfection it was time for Kana to enter the Final Selection. Kana stood on the porch awaitng her master, he finally arrived and she smiled at him. "Good luck Kana, I have complete faith in you. Do well, I'll see you in a week. Oh, and I have a gift for you in honor of you completing your training." Master Ozai revealed a cream colored haori with black flames lining the edges, Kana's eyes widened as she thanked him for the lovely gift. Kana put on the haori and left for Mount Fugikasane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kana arrived at the Final Selection and the scent of wisteria flowers put her at ease. Kana arrived on a platform where at least 20 people of various ages had gathered to participate in Final Selection. Kana then sensed it, there were demons on this mountain. A woman with white hair and lavender eyes appeared and began speaking. "Everyone, thank you for coming here tonight, to the Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection. There are demons imprisoned on Mnt. Fugikasane, captured alive by Demon Slayer swordsman, and unable to leave. That is because wisteria, which demons hate so much, blooms even out of season from the bottom to halfway up the mountain. However there is no wisteria from this point on, and so demons abound. You'll need to survive here for seven days to pass Final Selection. Now be on your way." Kana made her way up the mountain through the trees killing any demon she found. Kana sensed at least one mutated demon on this mountain and she made it her mission to find and kill it. Kana froze and took her stance using Scorch Breathing Fifth form: Sight Beyond Sight, to find the demon. Kana then saw it, a demon fighting six other children with several hands protruding from it's body. Kana took her stance using Twelfth form: Wings of Scorch to increase her speed. Kana flew through the trees and as she got closer she began to hear to screams. "Please somebody help us! We won't survive much longer!" Kana appeared in front of the demon shielding the other's from it's onslaught. She then turned to the other children and said "Do you mind if I help?" The children violently nodded as Kana took her stance.

"Scorch Breathing, Fourteenth Form: Rush of Flames!"

Kana took of at a tremendous speed racing up the demon's arm and cutting hand after hand. Kana landed on the otherside of the demon and it began to speak. "Listen Brat, that's my food, and now you will be added to the pile!" Kana cocked her head to the side and said "I'm done playing with you." With a stone cold face. Kana took her stance as the demon unleashed it's hands.

"Scorch Breathing, Tenth Form: Dance of Scorch."

Kana moved like wind as the flames on her sword got brighter with each movement. In under a second it was done, the demon's head fell to the ground as Kana landed seemlessly on the other side. Kana then said "May you find peace in the next life." and took off back into the trees. She was halted by the calls of the six others and stopped, looking back. "Please stay with us, we can all survive this together!" Kana while confused, accepted the invitation. She came to get to know each of the children, their names being Akemi, a 13 year old girl who used breath of water, Dai, a 15 year old girl who used breath of thunder, Kentaro, a 14 year old boy who used breath of stone, Kiyoshi a 12 year old boy who used breath of flames, and the twins Sanako a girl and Satoshi a boy both 18 and users of breath of wind. Kana being the youngest automatically earned the title of everyone's younger sister, but of all her new friends she had the strongest bond with Kiyoshi. He was always angry and he reminded Kana of Sanemi, she missed Novioka and Sanemi so to be around Kiyoshi was quite refreshing.