The Infinity Train pt.1

"The Casualties of The Mugen Train are growing! Head west at once!" Tanjiro's crow called out. He, Inosuke, and Zenitsu were all awaiting orders since they'd been cleared for combat.

The boys all quickly got ready to leave in the morning and join Kyojuro Rengoku, The Flame Hashira, on sight. However, these boys were blissfully unaware of a second hashira who was present on the train.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Tanjiro, idiots. Heading somewhere?" Misumi asked. The boys stood at the entrance to the butterfly estate and appeared to be saying their goodbyes.

"Yes, we're heading on a mission to find the flame hashira!" Tanjiro said enthusiastically.

"I see, I know him personally. I don't have anything going on currently, I could join you." Misumi said kindly.

"Really? Thanks, Misumi! We could use the help." Tanjiro said.

Misumi gave him a quick nod and moved towards the Asiguri estate to collect her belongings.

"She's coming with us?" Zenitsu asked.

"Yes, why Zenitsu?" Tanjiro asked.

"Well considering how she kicked all of our asses during training, she's not exactly my favorite person." Zenitsu said.

"Don't worry Monitsu, I'll keep the beast woman at bay!" Inosuke said giving Zenitsu a hard slap on the back.

"That's comforting..." Zenitsu said half-heartedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey! Wait a damn minute!" Inosuke yelled. "What the hell is this creature."

A train labeled "Mugen" stood alone on the tracks, preparing to depart.

"Wait, could it be! I've heard of this thing! The master and ruler of this land! At such an intimidating size! There's no mistaking it. It looks like it's asleep, but don't let that fool you!"

"It's a train. You've never seen one.." Insouke's hand clobbered Zenitsu in the face.

"Pipe down, or you'll wake it!" Inosuke yelled. "I'll lead the charge to take it down!"

"Inosuke stop!" Tanjiro replied in defiance. "This might be the guardian spirit of this land..." Tanjiro said in his sheltered innocence.

"Uhhh, I said it's a train, you country bumpkin." Zentisu said.

"I've heard of trains but never had the pleasure of meeting one." Misumi said. "How do I introduce myself?" she asked Zenitsu with hopeful eyes.

"It's a train! For Christ's sake!" Zenitsu yelled.

"So this is what the crow was talking about?" Tanjiro asked.

Inosuke began to walk in the opposite direction of the train.

"What is he doing?" Zenitsu asked in a monotone voice.

Inosuke puffed his chest and charged the train. His headbutt caught the attention of the station security. Misumi and Zenitsu immediately perked up and each grabbed a clueless idiot. They ran to a spot out of sight from the authorities and Misumi began to lecture Inosuke and Tanjiro while Zenitsu went to get tickets.

"For now, let's hide our swords away." Zenitsu said.

Inosuke believed he already had done the job perfectly.

The boys all deadpanned when the train began to leave the station. Without hesitation, Inosuke and Misumi ran to board the train. Tanjiro followed them closely while trying to coax Zentisu.