mistaken

PRE-DEBUT — JUNE 2020

NaRi'd known about the whole "I-LAND" thing for a while now, the girl having just accepted the secret offer a few days ago. Bang had specifically told her to not tell any of her fellow trainees— already debuted idols were okay to tell, though.

knowing she'd have close to no time to visit SM Ent during the next month, NaRi had decided to spend a day with her SM hyungs, wanting to spend some time with them before leaving for three months.

she was dropped off by Manager Sejin— who she'd claimed as her own manager the second he introduced himself to the BangTan boys— "have fun and be safe!" he waved off, NaRi nodding and sending a smile back to the man.

she walked into the building, showing the front desk staff her badge— yes. a badge. she had one made for her by NCT's managers, seeing as she spent a lot of time with the 21-membered group. the staff member smiled at the girl, easily able to recognize NaRi by her famous eye smile. "you're good to go!" NaRi sent a brighter smile through her mask, bowing her head before she walked to the elevator.

she walked into the elevator, slightly jumping as she saw four other females standing inside. she bowed her head, a small "hello" sounding from the girl.

three of the girls looked at NaRi, replicating her greeting. there was one, however, who simply brushed NaRi's greeting off, not putting any attention to the younger girl. NaRi furrowed her eyebrows, confused at the unfamiliar girl's hostility.

she shrugged it off, however, her AirPods blasting her music through her ears.

the girl– "mean one" as NaRi had already nicknamed her, looked over at the small girl. "who's she? i've never seen her before." she asked her fellow trainees, tone harsh.

"hey, i'm pretty sure she can understand you. be nice, she looks really sweet."

the girl scoffed, rolling her eyes. "did you hear her 'hello'? it sounded like she's a foreigner to me. she probably only knows that."