it's mine, too

the moment she'd gone on hiatus her heart fell as she remembered the contract she'd been discussing with MNet for months, finally having the answer she always hated to give, no matter the company.

they'd informed her of the girls' debut survival show that'd be airing later in the year, asking NaRi to be a K-Pop Master, helping mentor and ultimately decide who'd get to debut.

knowing she could maybe convince Bang to allow her to film despite being out of the spotlight, she knew it wouldn't be good for her.

she watched the survival show, falling in love with some of the contestants along the way, inevitably adding some trainees on her dislike list, too.

both companies that'd manage the group were aware of the in-process contract that'd been cancelled, sad as they'd specifically asked for NaRi to help decide who'd debut under them.

she got an email one day, a deal she was able to accept with ease.

"Nanie~" the Yang leader called into the hallway, looking for the girl.
"noona is in her studio, hyung," a younger trainee told the boy, JungWon nodding in appreciation before making his way to said room.

he rang the bell, putting his face closer towards the camera. NaRi looked at the monitor, giggling at his expression before taking a picture, letting him inside.

she spun around to look at the boy, softly smiling at the Yang boy as he walked towards her, pressing a kiss on her forehead before sitting on the couch, immediately reaching for the plushie he'd bought her for christmas.
"hi, hyung,"
"hi, Nanie~ whatcha doing~?"

she scooted to the side, moving the computer screen towards the boy. his eyes caught onto the colourful bars which filled countless rows, nodding in understanding. "how's it coming along?"

she sighed, moving the screen back in front of her before adding a new chord with her beatpad. "good! the instrumental is close to finished, i think?" she said, the room filling with countless mouse clicks before the song's draft sounded from her speaker.

though it'd started somewhat simple, JungWon found his head bopping along to the track as more time passed. the song eventually came to an end, his eyes widened as he looked at the girl.
"you did all of that in.. three days?"

their schedule had been considerably filled the past few weeks, especially NaRi's. with her producing and editing the two new tracks for their own album coming out soon, it was a surprise she'd gotten the chance to even take a step into her studio.

she always finds a way, though.

she sadly smiled, looking down as she nodded. she lightly winced at the pain that shot through her spine, however chose to ignore it.

until the boy in front of her did the opposite.

his eyebrows furrowed at the sound, however returned to normal once he saw her nose scrunch when she lifted her head.

he sighed, looking at the girl.
"you work so hard, yet you hurt yourself in the process.." he softly spoke, the girl's face gaining a guilty expression.

it took minimal contemplation for the Yang boy to stand up, saving the girl's process before putting her monitor to it's sleep mode. he grabbed her hand, gently forcing her to stand up before walking around the space, shutting the lights off. he grabbed her hand again, walking out.

he scanned her outfit, pleased with hers, too.
"we're going out, by the way," he said, not looking at the girl walking behind him.
"yes, hyung.." she softly said, trudging behind him.

they left the building, stopping once they'd reached outside to reposition their hands. after the girl'd comfortably laced her fingers with his own, they began walking towards the nearby town.

the pair had somehow ended up in a small, 'underground' arcade she'd found with Haruto a few weeks prior.

after plenty of minutes were spent playing the vintage-type games they found, the girl led him into a photobooth, wanting to get some more pictures for her picture wall.

JungWon's arm naturally wrapped around the small of her back, sitting comfortably on her hip. she unconsciously leaned into his hold, wrapping her arm around his neck for their first pose.

he followed her lead, leaning closer towards him, facing the camera as the countdown began.

the pair simply smiled their cheeky, heart clenching smiles for the first, the girl giggling after the flash had gone off.

"hm.." she said, wondering what their next pose could be. JungWon unhooked his hold on her, holding up his two hands as someone would do while praying.

she excitedly smiled, nodding before holding up the pose as well, the two covering half of their faces in the second photo.

for the third, JungWon leaned in, pressing his cheek against her own. she giggled as she felt his hair tickle her ear, unknowing of the flash going off.

his eyes trailed to the corner of the screen to see the third shot, NaRi bursting into an embarrassed yet cheerful fit of laughter. JungWon followed in her hysterics, unintentionally leaning in at the same time she had.

why did this always happen?

as both of their eyes had closed, they hadn't noticed the final countdown quickly reaching it's end. the flash snapped at the moment their noses had touched, an invisible string reeling them in until their lips had as well.

their laughter turned into gasps, however the sound was only absorbed into the kiss.

NaRi's hand subconsciously went to reach into his hair, though resisted the urge as she felt JungWon's on the side of her neck.

it was brief— only lasting a few seconds. the pair disconnected, pressing their foreheads together as NaRi's eyes remained closed.

JungWon softly chuckled, "sorry.. might've gotten too carried away,"

she could only shake her head, allowing the moment to soak in before opening her eyes, leaning away from the boy as the photo strip came out of it's deposit.

she grabbed one of the copies, shyly smiling at their fourth picture.

she leaned the paper towards the boy, not noticing him holding his own copy.
"that's my favourite picture of us," she said, pointing towards the last one.

yeah, it's mine, too.

🦇 ... !